Poker is one of the most popular casino games in the world, and for good reason. It can be played with high stakes, serve as an exciting group activity, and, thanks to decades of references in popular culture, is even considered quite glamorous.
These days, poker has also gotten a bit of a digital upgrade.
With the advent of the internet, you can now play poker from the comfort of your own home on any of your devices. And not just that; thanks to cryptocurrency becoming more popular in the last decade, it’s now possible to use tokens like Bitcoin to play and possibly win at poker.
Part of the benefits of some of the best Bitcoin poker sites is the bonuses they offer to new and existing users. Not only can you enjoy playing Bitcoin poker with ease but you can also take advantage of some awesome bonuses depending on the site you use.
Want to start your journey with the best bitcoin poker sites and get equally great bonuses while you’re at it? Have a look through our helpful guide! In this article, we’ll cover:
- How to Get Started with Bitcoin Poker
- 12 Best Bitcoin Poker Websites in 2023
- Bitcoin Poker Sites vs.Traditional Poker Sites
- Bitcoin Poker Deposit Bonuses
And much more! So let’s get right to it.
12 Best Bitcoin Poker Websites in 2023
7 Things to Consider When Picking a Bitcoin Poker Site
In a perfect world, you should be able to simply sign up to any Bitcoin gambling site and start playing poker with ease.
Well, this isn’t a perfect world and for every good and reputable bitcoin betting site, there are dozens of fraudulent and low-quality ones that will waste your time and may even lose your money.
This is why you need to be very careful when choosing a Bitcoin betting site to play poker.
And while your personal tastes should be at the forefront of your mind, here are some things you should definitely consider when choosing a Bitcoin poker site:
#1. Restricted Countries
While poker is a global phenomenon at this point, that doesn’t mean that it is played everywhere in the world. Just like with cryptocurrency, there are countries that have outright banned online gambling and this includes poker.
Before you sign up on any Bitcoin poker site, you need to be sure of the legal status of poker and cryptocurrency in your country. If any of the two is banned, you’re not likely to have access to any Bitcoin poker sites.
After you’ve confirmed the status of Bitcoin betting in your country, you have to make sure that the Bitcoin poker sites you’re considering, operate in your country. Some Bitcoin casinos have geo-restrictions, which means they don’t operate everywhere. Each country has its own requirements for registering betting sites, so it can happen for a site to not be operational in your region.
That said, geo-restrictions are easily solvable. As long as cryptocurrency and online gambling are legal where you live, just choose a site that operates where you’re based and you’re good to go.
All the sites on our list, for instance, have very few geo-restrictions so you can take your pick among them.
#2. Reputation and Trust
It is very important that you trust every site that you are using, especially if you are depositing your money on it. This is why when choosing a Bitcoin poker site, you need to consider its reputation so you get the best possible experience.
The good news is that it is fairly easy to look into the reputation of any site you are considering. Google the site, search their name on social media, or just ask about them in betting-focused forums and even in Reddit’s Bitcoin betting subs. You should be able to find enough reviews that’ll tell you if they are a quality site that you can use.
#3. Provably fair
When you’re playing a game that has to do, in some way, with odds, you want to make sure that the site you are using is fair and equitable. When poker was only played in person in the past, there weren’t a lot of options for a player to make sure they were being given a fair game.
Well, things have changed now. There are many tools that can help make sure your site is reputable and fair and one of these is the Provably Fair algorithm. Basically, Provably Fair is an algorithm that independently verifies whether a casino is fair with its users.
So, when you’re picking a Bitcoin poker site, this is definitely something to keep in mind.
4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
Few things are perhaps as frustrating for an online poker player as not being able to claim their winnings after a successful game. This is why you need to consider the payout and withdrawal terms of each Bitcoin poker site that you take into consideration.
Some Bitcoin casinos will let you withdraw any amount, while some require you to win a certain threshold before you can withdraw your earnings. Similarly, some sites also payout much slower than others and with fewer payment options, like only allowing direct transfers.
Before you choose a Bitcoin poker site, look through their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page and find out what their payout and withdrawal terms are and if they meet your needs.
#5. Games available
Poker has many variations to it and, naturally, different players have different preferences. At the same time, not every Bitcoin betting site or Bitcoin poker site has every variation of poker, and, depending on the one you choose, you might not have access to your favorite version of poker.
To be on the safe side, look through the information on each site you are thinking of using and find out what versions of poker they support. Make sure that all the types of poker you want to play are supported before making a final decision.
Most Bitcoin gambling sites have a wide variety of games that goes well beyond poker (Bitcoin blackjack, roulette, and slots, among others), so you shouldn’t have a hard time finding one that caters to your gaming needs.
#6. VIP programs and Bonuses
One of the perks of betting online is that many Bitcoin betting sites offer some great bonuses to users. These include deposit bonuses, free spins, and many more. All sites are not created equal, however, and some have better deals than others.
Before you pick your site, shop around and see which Bitcoin poker site gives the best deal to new and loyal players. This way, you’ll get more value for your money.
#7. Customer Support
No one plans for things to go wrong or for issues to arise when using Bitcoin for online poker but these things do happen sometimes. This is why good customer support is an inseparable part of a good Bitcoin poker site.
Options differ by site but the best Bitcoin poker sites have multiple support channels including chat, email, and so on. Consider what tools each site has in place to help customers when making your choice.
How We Rated the Bitcoin Poker Sites
While we’ve given you a helpful guide to the best Bitcoin poker sites, we also thought we’d explain how we came up with our ranking system of the best Bitcoin poker sites in 2022.
While there are many factors that can be used when ranking Bitcoin poker sites, here are the ones that we used:
- Reputation: Sites that have a larger community around them and a positive reputation within the crypto and betting community were ranked higher.
- Games available: The more game and poker versions a site supports, the higher we ranked them.
- Payout speed: We prioritized sites that have faster payout speed and more flexible withdrawal options.
- Customer service: We ranked sites with faster and better customer service channels higher than those without it.
- Site design: User experience, site layout, and the beauty of a site’s webpage were considered as well.
- Anonymity: For those of you who prefer to be stealth when gambling, we ranked the sites with the most privacy options higher.
- Licensing: The more countries a site was licensed to operate in, the higher the ranking we gave them.
- Bonuses: Some sites give better bonuses than others and those ones got better rankings.
Bitcoin Poker Sites vs.Traditional Poker Sites Pros & Cons
There is some debate about whether traditional poker or its newer, digitized iteration is better for players. The truth is that Bitcoin poker sites have both pros and cons compared to traditional poker.
Here are some of them:
- More control: Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin are stored in crypto wallets. Unlike traditional bank accounts, crypto wallets are solely in the control of their owners. This means no one can freeze, restrict, or limit your account activities.
- Potential profit: The price of bitcoin fluctuates quite a bit and if you’re lucky, you will not only win your poker game but win tokens that are more valuable than when you initially wagered them.
- More privacy: Crypto wallets can be set up without needing to provide government ID or bank details, so your privacy is more protected.
- Potential loss: As much as your crypto tokens could increase in value as you play poker, they could also reduce in value as well and thus lead to financial loss.
- Conversions: If you want to spend your winnings, you might have to first convert your tokens to fiat currency as not every business takes Bitcoin as a payment method.
How to Get Started with Bitcoin Poker
If you’ve decided to take the lead and get started with Bitcoin poker sites, you’ll probably want to know what steps to take.
Luckily, we’ve got you covered with a step-by-step guide that will have you well on your way:
Bitcoin Poker Deposit Bonuses
Deposit bonuses are one of the biggest selling points of bitcoin poker sites, especially for new users. There are, however, many different types of deposit bonuses, including:
- Deposit Matches: Deposit matches are when a casino matches a user’s deposit amount, typically for the first or first few deposits. These matches are usually limited up until a certain amount and a certain percentage. A casino might, for example, match 100% of first deposits up to $200 or so or over the first three deposits.
- Free Games: This is when a casino allows its users to play some games without having to wager money after making a deposit. For example, a casino might offer you a free poker game after you deposit a certain amount of money.
- Reload Bonuses: It’s common for poker players to reload after a game, but some casinos give free reloads or bonuses on reloads if the players deposit more than a certain amount of money.
Is Bitcoin Poker Safe?
Not to worry. Bitcoin betting is safe, which makes Bitcoin poker just as safe.
As you follow all the rules and take the necessary precautions, there is no reason for your betting experience to be nothing but enjoyable. Some of the precautions include keeping your wallet details safe, playing responsibly, and finding licensed casinos that use the Provably Fair algorithm.
Is Bitcoin Poker Legal?
In the modern age we live in, most countries legally recognize and allow both gambling and cryptocurrency and as long as both are legal in a certain region, bitcoin gambling is legal too.
At the same time, if either cryptocurrency or gambling is illegal in a country, then bitcoin poker and bitcoin slots will be illegal in that country as well.
Bitcoin Betting FAQ
You might still have questions about Bitcoin betting, so we’ve answered the most frequently asked questions on the topic:
#1. What’s the Best Bitcoin Poker Website?
This depends on what you need and want from a bitcoin poker website. We have made a ranking of some of the sites we think are the best.
#2. Can I Play Bitcoin Poker on Mobile?
If you sign up with a Bitcoin poker site that has a mobile version or mobile app, then you will be able to play Bitcoin poker on your mobile.
#3. How Do I Deposit Money in a Bitcoin Poker Website?
You can link your crypto wallet, make a transfer, or use a debit card, depending on what the site allows.
- Best Bitcoin Roulette Sites [w/ $5,000+ Bonuses]
- 9+ Top High Roller Bitcoin Casinos [Rated by Experts in 2023]
- Best Bitcoin Slots Sites [w/ $5,000+ Welcome Bonuses]