With all the attention Bitcoin has been gaining over the past years, it’s safe to say the electronic currency is definitely here to stay.
So, if you have some in your wallet and are keen on betting on sports on the side, you’ve probably also heard about one of Bitcoin’s most fantastic applications – Bitcoin sports betting!
Yeap – Bitcoin has brought all the advantages of crypto into the sports betting world too, with faster transactions, smaller fees, and added security.
So, to remove all the confusion and only leave you with the most valuable information on the topic, we’ve brought you all there is to know about Bitcoin sports bettings sites in this article, including:
- 12 Best Bitcoin Sportsbetting Websites in 2022
- 10 Things to Consider When Picking a Bitcoin Sportsbetting Site
- How We Rated The Bitcoin Sportsbetting Sites
- Bitcoin Sportbetting vs.Traditional Sportsbetting Pros & Cons
- How to Get Started with Bitcoin Sportsbetting
And everything in between, so let’s dive right in!
12 Top Bitcoin Sports Betting Websites in 2022
10 Things to Consider When Picking a Bitcoin Sports Betting Site
Before you pick a Bitcoin betting site, there are a few things that you should always keep in mind to make sure you’ll have the most optimal gaming experience.
Listed below, you will find a list of the top factors to consider when you’re choosing a Bitcoin sports betting site to help you make the right decision.
#1. Restricted Countries
The first thing you need to check is if a site is restricted in your country. You see, certain Bitcoin gambling sites will have geo-restrictions in place that don’t let them work in certain areas and countries.
However, that does not mean that it is illegal to bet online. It simply means that that particular website is not licensed to work in your country.
When you go to a site that has restricted access in your country, you will usually get a pop up saying so. You can also go to the ‘Rules’ section of the website to get more detailed information about any restrictions or limitations that may be in place.
#2. Reputation and Trust
Next up, you need to check the reviews for the Bitcoin sports betting site you want to pick. You see, it is always better to pick a site that enjoys a good reputation and is trusted by players.
A site with plenty of good reviews shows that not only does it have an active community that enjoys playing on the site but also that the site works with minimal issues and hiccups.
You can check the reviews for a site by going on online forums like Reddit to see in-depth reviews of what the community is saying about the Bitcoin sports betting site you want to pick. This way, you can make an informed decision and pick the best site for yourself.
#3. Provably Fair
The way this technology works is that it allows you to test in-game fairness yourself by providing a provably fair checker, which lets you compare whether the value generated at the start of the game is the same as the one generated after the game is finished.
At the time being, Provably Fair is only applied to casino games, as sports betting happens in real-time. That said, most Bitcoin sports betting sites also double as casinos, so if you see a site that uses Provably Fair, chances are you can trust it.
#4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
The most exciting part about betting on sports is winning and withdrawing your profits. Now, this can be a tedious process when you use regular sites. However, with Bitcoin sports betting sites, the story is a little different.
Before you place a bet, you need to check the maximum payout limit, or the maximum amount the site is willing to payout in a single match, and place the bet accordingly.
Payouts are a breeze on Bitcoin sports betting sites since you can withdraw your funds immediately and transfer them directly to your crypto wallet.
So, always make sure to check the payout limit and the withdrawal terms of the site before signing up to make sure they match your needs.
#5. Games available
The next thing you should take a look at is the game range that the site offers.
Even if you are someone who wants to bet on a specific game, it is always better to have options. This way, if you ever get bored, you will always have something to pick from.
Additionally, it is also better to pick a site that doubles as a Bitcoin casino in case you want to also play games on top of betting on sports.
#6. Live Betting
Most betting sites do not allow users to place a bet after or during the match. In fact, sites will offer odds that are much smaller depending on how the match is going at that moment.
So, it all comes down to the types of matches and games that are available to bet on and how good are the odds of you winning. So, if live betting is something that interests you, you should look for a site that has a good range of live wagering markets.
#7. Customer Support
Bad customer support is super frustrating and the case remains the same when it comes to Bitcoin sports betting sites.
This is exactly why you should pick a crypto sports betting site that offers 24/7 customer support via multiple platforms such as text, phone, email, etc.
This way, you don’t have to wait to get your issue resolved and you can also choose your preferred way of contacting customer support.
#8. Types of Crypto Accepted
While we are talking about Bitcoin sports betting sites, it’s always better to pick a website that accepts multiple cryptocurrencies as payment.
A site that accepts more types of crypto gives you more flexibility and purchasing power because you can pick and choose between what crypto you want to gamble with!
Another thing that you should always keep an eye out for is website licensing. You see, a license comes with a lot of added benefits such as:
- In-game fairness
- Security of funds
- Guaranteed and fast payouts
To check for website licensing, all you need to do is scroll down on the homepage and you should be able to see the license and the regulatory body that controls it.
Website design matters a lot when you gamble because it can be decisive in your overall experience on the site. Therefore, a site with a bad design might make players ditch it altogether.
This is why you should pick a site with a good and sleek design. In fact, a site with a good design will have the following features, so, always be on the lookout for:
- Ease of navigation
- Good User Experience (UE)
- Good User Interface (UI)
- Minimal glitches and hiccups
#11. Live Streaming
We live in the era of monthly streaming subscriptions and sports events are no different.
While most sites also stream the event you have placed bets on so that you can follow the match and see what is happening, some don’t. This might result in you having to pay additional subscription fees just to watch the match.
So, always pick a site that has live streaming available. This way, you can watch the game you wagered on without having to leave the site.
How We Rated The Bitcoin Sports Betting Sites
Wondering what makes the Bitcoin sports betting sites on our list the pick of the bunch?.
We’ve listed our exact rating process for you:
- Anonymity – The first thing we checked for was how anonymous players can stay on the site. You see, all the sites on our list ask for little to no personal information. This means that you can gamble all you want while retaining your anonymity!
- Customer service – Customer service is super important when it comes to sports betting. Keeping this in mind, we only included the sites with the best customer support on our list.
- Customer reviews – The next thing we looked at was the customer reviews and the ratings for all the sites we included on our list. Rest assured, you will only find sites with top ratings and the best reviews on our list.
- Bonuses and promotions – We know the difference a good bonus and a VIP program can make in your gameplay experience. That is why we made to put the sites with the most generous welcome bonuses and the best VIP perks on our list. This way, you can win some big money and get access to exclusive events.
- License – As stated above, licensing is super essential when it comes to crypto gambling. As a result, you will only find licensed sites on our list! So, you know that you’re getting the best of the best.
- Payment methods – Sites on our list accept multiple types of cryptocurrencies as payment. So, you can pick and choose which crypto you want to play with.
- Security – On our list, you will find sites with strict security measures such as good encryption, two-factor authentication, and more.
Bitcoin Sports Betting vs. Traditional Sports Betting Pros & Cons
Like with everything, Bitcoin sports betting also has its pros and cons. However, all that matters is if the pros outweigh the cons and in this case, they definitely do!
So, here is a detailed look at some of the pros and cons of Bitcoin sports betting.
Pros of Bitcoin Sports Betting
- Anonymity – The biggest pro of Bitcoin sports betting is being able to retain your anonymity. Unlike traditional sports betting sites, Bitcoin sports betting sites ask for little to no personal information. So, you can always remain anonymous.
- Low payout limits – Another pro of Bitcoin sports betting sites is the low payout limit they offer. As opposed to regular sites, you don’t have to wait for longer periods of time to withdraw your winnings.
- Almost zero transaction fee – When you withdraw your winnings from traditional sports betting sites, there is a hefty transaction fee. On the other hand, Bitcoin sports betting sites charge a negligible fee for the same.
- It is an investment – Since crypto’s value is subject to change, you can always wager them at a higher price than what you got it for!
- Higher payouts – Due to no need for a middleman, payouts on Bitcoin sports betting sites are higher than on regular sites.
- High tech – Crypto betting sites are made for people who enjoy a safer, more secure, and better-designed betting experience.
- Security – Transactions that are made on the blockchain are known to be super secure and safe. So, long as you don’t share your wallet details, your funds are practically untouchable.
Cons of Bitcoin Sports Betting
- You are responsible – When you bet on sports with Bitcoin, you are responsible. In case you make an accidental transaction or enter the wrong amount, you can’t undo it since there are no chargebacks. However, on regular sports betting sites, you can call your bank to cancel a transaction.
- It is volatile – Since crypto’s value changes, it can go higher or lower. So, you always need to keep an eye on the market for its value.
- It is not mainstream – Since crypto is still relatively new, it is not mainstream. This means that you can only use Bitcoin to make purchases in a select few places.
What Sports Can I Bet On With Bitcoin?
The best Bitcoin sports betting sites let you bet on every sport imaginable.
These include sports that everyone knows and loves, such as soccer, basketball, and football and some less popular ones that still enjoy considerable following, like cricket, ice hockey, table tennis, snooker, and much more!
With these many options, there is something for everyone.
Bitcoin Sports Betting Deposit Bonuses
When you register on Bitcoin sports betting sites, you are entitled to claim a welcome bonus. This welcome bonus improves your betting experience as it allows you to place bigger bets.
However, there are different types of bonuses that sites offer. So, to make an informed decision, you need to know what type of welcome bonuses you can come across and decide which one is best suited for your needs.
- Deposit bonus – A deposit bonus is a type of bonus that you get after you make your first deposit on a site. The amount of the bonus typically matches the amount of your first deposit up to a certain percentage.
- No-deposit bonus – A no-deposit bonus is a type of bonus that can be claimed right after signing up on a site. This type of welcome bonus does not need any financial commitment from you; so, the amount of the bonus is generally smaller than that of a deposit bonus.
- Free bets – Some crypto betting sites offer free bets. This is a type of no-deposit bonus as you can claim free bets without making any deposits.
- Price boost – Price boosts are a type of bonus that new and regular players can use to boost their payout. In other words, players can increase their payout if the team or league they bet on wins. Price boosts can be offered daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Reload bonuses – A reload bonus is a type of bonus you can claim when you make multiple deposits. This way, you can wager bigger amounts and place bigger bets.
Is Bitcoin Sports Betting Safe?
Yes, Bitcoin betting is safe. In fact, it is just as safe as betting with fiat currency.
This is because Bitcoin sports betting sites use technology like Provably Fair to ensure that there is total transparency between them and the players.
Additionally, players can retain their anonymity since they have to provide little to no personal information.
Moreover, security is the top priority for Bitcoin sports betting sites, they have strict security measures like two-factor authentication in place to ensure safety.
Is Bitcoin Sports Betting Legal?
The only cases in which it would be illegal is if either cryptocurrencies or online sports betting are banned in your country.
Make sure to check your country’s law regarding betting and online better since both may differ. Moreover, since crypto is a relatively new concept, its laws are still developing and change frequently. So, you always need to be on top of the crypto news in your country so as to not miss anything!
Additionally, you will need to check a few more things to make sure that you’re good to bet on Bitcoin betting sites. First, you need to check the age limit for the ones placing the bet. Usually, it should be between 18 and 21, depending on where you are.
Bitcoin Gambling FAQ
If we haven’t already answered all your questions about Bitcoin sports betting, listed below, you will find some of the most commonly asked questions about the same.
#1. What’s the Best Bitcoin Sports Betting Website?
Well, that depends entirely on the player. Any site that has your favourite game, your preferred welcome bonus, and payout limit will be the best for you.
However, there are a few things that make a site good, such as:
- Good design
- Generous welcome bonus
#2. Can I Do Bitcoin Sports Betting on Mobile?
Yes, you can do sports betting from the comfort of your mobile. Some Bitcoin sports betting sites will have mobile apps while others would have browser-optimized versions of their sites.
This means that you can play on your mobile browser the same way you would on your computer.
#3. How Do I Deposit Money to a Bitcoin Sports Betting Website?
Depositing money on a Bitcoin sports betting site is pretty easy, all you need to do is:
- Have a working crypto wallet
- Go to the website of your choice. You can also pick any of the sites on our list.
- Go to the deposit page
- Follow the instructions on the deposit page. Typically, you would be given a digital address to send the funds to.
- Copy the address and paste it into your crypto wallet before you make the transaction.
#4. Can I Bet on my Favorite Sports With Bitcoin?
Yes, just make sure to pick a Bitcoin betting site that has your favourite games and a good game range in general.
#5. How Long Do Bitcoin Deposits Take?
Typically, after you make the transaction, your funds should show up on your account within 6 hours. If they don’t, contact customer support – but first, make sure you’ve entered the address keys correctly. If you haven’t, customer support won’t be able to help you with the transaction.
#6. How Long Do Bitcoin Withdrawals Take?
This differs on every site. However, instant withdrawals are common on Bitcoin sports betting sites.
- 9+ Top High Roller Bitcoin Casinos [Rated by Experts in 2022]
- 12 Best Bitcoin E-sports Betting Sites in 2022 [Chosen by Experts!]
- 9+ Top Bitcoin Poker Sites With High Bonuses in 2022