Gaming has been all the buzz for a while now and, having taken off so quickly, e-sporting events have started to pop up with professional teams, endless games, and much more.
So, if you have some crypto on the side and want to try your luck and bet on YOUR favourite gaming team then you are at the right place!
With crypto esports betting, you can bet on almost all games that come under the Battle Royale, First-person Shooter (FPS), Multiplayer Battle Area Online (MOBA), Real-Time Strategy (RTS) categories and much more!
Crypto esports takes betting online to a whole new level of fun and crypto e-sports betting sites are better, faster, and safer than the traditional ones.
But which crypto esports betting site do you choose with new ones coming up every day?
Below, we will go over all the things you need to know about crypto esports betting, including:
- 12 Best Crypto Esports Betting Sites in 2022
- 10 Things to Consider When Picking a Crypto Esports Betting Site
- Crypto Esports Betting Vs Traditional Esports Betting Pros & Cons
- How to Get Started with Crypto Esports Betting Websites
And much more!
12 Best Crypto E-sports Betting Sites in 2022
10 Things to Consider When Picking a Crypto Esports Betting Site
Before picking the best crypto gambling site for yourself, there are a few things you always need to be on the lookout for.
Now, we know that doing your own research can get time-consuming and that is exactly why we made a list of all the things you need to consider before picking a crypto esports betting site, including:
#1. Restricted Countries
The first thing you need to check is if the site you want to pick is restricted in your country or not. You see, some crypto betting sites will have geo-restrictions in certain areas.
While the legality of esports betting varies from place to place, typically, that is not the reason why a site might not be working in your country.
This simply means that the site you want to pick is not licensed to work in your country or region. To check this information, you can go to a site’s ‘Rules’ or ‘About Us’ page for a list of all the countries where it’s licensed to work.
Don’t fret though as equally awesome alternatives are always available. For example, you can pick any of the sites on our list as they all have minimal geo-restrictions.
#2. Reputation and Trust
Next on, you need to check the reviews for the crypto casino you want to pick. After all, a site with good reviews means that it enjoys a good reputation and is also trusted by players.
This, however, doesn’t mean that you need to pick a site that has been around for a while, as there are plenty of newer crypto casinos that have great reviews and enjoy players’ trust.
The best way to check is to do a Google search or go on platforms Reddit to see what the community has to say about the site you want to choose.
#3. Provably Fair
Provably Fair is a piece of technology that is used by a lot of crypto casinos to ensure there is no in-game manipulation.
Basically, Provably Fair allows you to verify whether the game was manipulated after it is finished by providing a provably fair checker, which lets you check whether the generated value is the same as the one produced in the game. This is why you should always pick a crypto esports betting site that uses Provably Fair.
So far, Provably Fair has not been implemented on esports betting because you are betting on real-world events. However, if you enjoy playing casino games, a site that uses Provably Fair can always be trusted!
#4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
The most exciting part about crypto sports betting and esports betting is when you finally get to withdraw your winnings!
This is exactly you should pick a site with a low payout limit and instant withdrawals available. This way, you don’t have to wait to get your winnings in your wallet even if it is a small amount.
Additionally, you should go through the payout and withdrawal terms thoroughly to see what the transaction fee is and where your winnings will be credited (directly to a crypto wallet or via a third-party app).
Choosing a site that matches your payout needs before registering will guarantee you a smooth betting experience down the line.
#5. Games available
Now, you need to have a look at the game range. Even if you have a specific e-sport you like to bet on or don’t want to play casino games, it’s still always better to pick a site with a good game range.
This way, if you ever get bored, you will always have options available. You can explore new games, learn them, and might even find a new favourite!
#6. VIP programs and Bonuses
Next up, you need to check the welcome bonuses and the VIP perks that the crypto esports betting site offers. The welcome bonuses give you an edge on your first few games so it’s important to pick a site with a good one.
On the other hand, VIP perks are given to the most regular and active players and include real-life presents, exclusive events, and much more.
So, if you are someone who just wants to test the waters then pick a site with a good welcome bonus. However, if you want to become a regular player then keep an eye on the best VIP programs.
#7. Customer Support
We all know how frustrating bad customer support can be. After all, no one likes to be put on hold for hours to get their issue resolved – or not have the option at all.
It is for this reason that you should pick a crypto esports betting site that offers 24/7 customer support via multiple platforms like phone, text, email, etc.
Keep in mind, however, that customer support can only help you a certain amount when it comes to crypto gambling. If, for example, you transfer the wrong amount of crypto or input the wrong wallet keys, there is nothing a site’s customer support can do to undo the transaction.
#8. Types of Crypto Accepted
When it comes to crypto esports betting, you should always choose a website that accepts multiple cryptocurrencies as payment.
This gives you more flexibility and purchasing power because you can pick and choose between what crypto you want to spend. Preferably, pick a site that accepts cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin.
When it comes to crypto gambling sites, a licensed site is always better. This is because a licensed site is more secure and works under the proper authority in its respective area.
Licensing also comes with a bunch of added benefits such as:
- In-game fairness
- Security of funds
- Guaranteed and fast payouts
Lastly, there is the website design to consider. It can be super annoying and time-consuming to use a site that’s not user-friendly, which is exactly why website design is worth considering even if you’re not the most tech-savvy person out there.
Some traits of good design include:
- Ease of navigation
- Good User Experience (UE)
- Good User Interface (UI)
- Minimal glitches and hiccups
How We Rated the Top Crypto Esports Betting Sites
When it comes to the crypto esports betting sites on our list, we made sure to only give our readers the best of the best.
Wondering how we ranked them? Here is a closer look at all the factors we took into consideration:
- License – All the crypto esports betting sites on our list are licensed. That means that you never have to worry about being cheated, late payouts, or any other sketchy gameplay issues.
- Game range – The next thing we looked at was the game range for all the sites on our list. You will see that all the crypto betting sites on our list have an impressive game range, from crypto roulette to blackjack, which means there is something for everyone!
- Anonymity – While rating the sites on our list, we checked how anonymous they allow their users to stay. Typically, esports sites that operate with fiat currency ask for a lot of personal information, as banks are also involved in the equation. However, that’s not the case with crypto and so all the sites on our list require minimal Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures, allowing you to retain your anonymity!
- Customer Service – We understand how important prompt and effective customer service is. This is exactly why we picked sites that have 24/7 customer support available on multiple platforms.
- Promotions and bonuses – Last but not least, we took a look at the welcome bonuses and VIP perks that the sites offer. Whether you want to just play for fun or become a regular player, we picked sites with generous welcome bonuses and awesome VIP programs.
- Reputation and trust: All the sites on our list have the highest ratings by both our experts and players.
- Security: The sites we included on our list of the best crypto esports betting sites take strict security measures like being heavily encrypted and two-factor authentication to make your betting experience safer.
- Payouts and withdrawals: Payouts and withdrawals are a breeze on all the sites on our list as they all have super flexible terms.
- High returns: Since there is no middleman, the payouts are much higher on the crypto esports betting sites on our list.
Crypto Esports Betting Vs Traditional Esports Betting Pros & Cons
Everything has its pros and cons and crypto esports betting is no different. However, in this case, the pros outweigh the cons, and that its all that matters!
Here’s what we mean by that:
Pros of Crypto Esports Betting
- Anonymity – The biggest pro of crypto esports betting is that players get to maintain their anonymity. As opposed to regular esports betting sites, you don’t have to provide personal information like your address and bank information.
- Smaller transaction fees – With crypto esports betting sites, you can say goodbye to hefty transaction fees. Most crypto esports betting sites charge nominal or no transaction fees when you withdraw your funds, unlike their traditional counterparts.
- It is an investment – You can treat crypto as an investment by selling when their value is higher than when you wagered them. This is a simple and fast way to way to make profits.
- Better design – Since crypto esports betting sites are more recent, the websites are newer and have better designs. As a result, they are easy to navigate and use.
- Faster and higher payouts – On regular sites, the payout process can be long and exhausting because of the middlemen. On the other hand, this will never be an issue on crypto esports betting sites as all the funds go directly to your crypto wallet!
- Security: Crypto esports betting sites have better security measures in place than regular sites, such as Provably Fair and two-factor authentication.
Cons of Crypto Esports Betting
- You are responsible – On regular esports betting sites, you can ask your bank to issue a chargeback or cancel a transaction. However, that’s not the case with crypto sites, where if you make an accidental transaction such as entering the wrong amount or the wrong address, you cannot undo it. This is why you have to be extra careful while making crypto transactions and double-check any transactions before hitting send.
- It is not mainstream – Crypto is still relatively new compared to fiat currency. As a result, you can’t make transactions with crypto everywhere except in a select few places.
- It is subject to change – Crypto is volatile, which means that its value is not stable. As a result, it can either get high or low super quickly. So, you always need to keep an eye on the market.
How to Get Started with Crypto Esports Betting Websites
Is Crypto Esports Betting Legal?
Yes, crypto gambling is legal. The only cases in which it won’t be legal are when either crypto is banned in your country or online gambling is banned in your country.
When it comes to esports betting, however, it’s good to keep in mind that different countries have different laws since most of the people betting are minors. In this case, you need to check the laws specific to your country.
Most probably, esports betting will be legal – especially if you are from a country that is big on e-sporting events.
After you’ve made sure to you’re legally allowed to bet on esports, check the laws regarding cryptocurrency in your country. If there are no restrictions regarding crypto, feel free to go ahead and start playing.
Crypto Esports Betting FAQ
If we haven’t already answered all your questions about crypto esports betting, don’t fret. Listed below, you will find some of the most commonly asked questions on the topic.
#1. Is Esports Betting With Crypto Legal?
Yes, gambling on esports with crypto is legal. The only instances in which it would be deemed illegal is if either crypto or online betting is banned in your country.
However, if both crypto and online betting are legal in your country, you can start playing today!
#2. What Is the Best Crypto Esports Betting Site?
Well, that depends mostly on the player. Any site that has your favorite games, your preferred payment method, and a design you like will be the best for you.
However, there are certain characteristics that a good site has, including:
- Seamless trust and reputation
- Generous bonuses and VIP perks
#3. What Kind of Games Can I Bet On Crypto Esports Betting Sites?
You can bet on the biggest esports games of the year on crypto esports betting sites. Just make sure to pick a site that lets you bet on the game you want.
Typically, you can bet on games that are considered to be a part of MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), FPS (First Person Shooter), RTS (Real-Time Strategy), and Battle Royale. Usually, these games are played during leagues by professional teams that you can choose to bet on.
Additionally, you can also play all the classic crypto casino games and can bet on sporting events as well.
#4. Why Is Esports Betting With Crypto Better Than Esports Betting With Fiat Currency?
Betting with crypto is better for a number of reasons such as:
- You can maintain your anonymity
- It is faster
- It is safer and more secure
- Little to no chances of in-game manipulation or cheating
- Websites have better design
- 10+ Best Crypto Roulette Sites [Bitcoin, Ether, Doge Accepted]
- 7+ Best Crypto Blackjack Sites in 2022 [W/ $5,000+ Welcome Bonuses]
- Best Crypto Slots Sites [w/ $5,000+ Welcome Bonuses]