Dogecoin was all the rage in 2021, and if you’re like the majority of punters out there, you might still be holding a little Doge! Volatility aside, the coin that started as an inside joke saw mass adoption last year as tech leaders and innovators started giving it real-world use cases.
You can do a lot with Dogecoin now (far more than you could a year ago) and, as luck would have it, you can also place wagers on esports using Dogecoin in 2023!
So, if you think you might fancy putting some Doge down on the latest FPS, MOBA, RTS, or Battle Royale sensation, our experts have chosen the best Dogecoin esports betting sites for you.
We’ll also tell you:
- 8 Top Considerations When Picking a Dogecoin Esports Betting Site
- How to Get Started with Dogecoin Esports Betting
- Whether Dogecoin Esports Betting is Legal
So, read on!
12 Best Dogecoin Esports Betting Sites in 2023
8 Things to Consider When Picking a Dogecoin Esports Betting Site
It’s important to do your fair share of research when it comes to picking a Dogecoin esports betting site because there are quite a lot of them out there and not every single one is above board. In fact, some could be outright scams.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of things you should definitely look out for when you’re researching a Dogecoin gambling site in order to stay safe and fully enjoy your experience.
#1. Restricted Countries
Geo-restrictions tend to be the first stop when it comes to a Dogecoin betting site. If one doesn’t serve your country you’re simply out of luck and had best move right on to the next site.
With esports, the question of legality can get a little complicated, but that’s generally not the reason why a site may not operate where you are. This often comes down to licensing, and not every site will choose to pursue every single license available in order to operate everywhere.
Instead, the best Dogecoin esports betting sites will choose a region to focus on and acquire the relevant licenses for those areas or countries.
Make sure to check the ‘Rules’ page of the site you’re on as a lot of these restrictions tend to be clarified and summarized there.
#2. Reputation and Trust
Scams are rife on the internet in general, but never more so when cryptocurrency enters the equation. You’ve probably seen scammers operate on all forms of social media, while misleading advertisements and search links are everywhere. Reputation and trust, therefore, are key.
The easiest way to figure out how reputable a site is would be to check out user reviews or posts on sites like Reddit. That way, you can assess what the experience of other users has been with the site, whether everything works smoothly, and how the site handles any issues that may come up.
Remember, not only are you letting your browser and therefore your devices connect to the Dogecoin betting site in question, but you might also be furnishing them with personal information for registration and verification, and you’re going to be depositing funds with them.
The bottom line, is you’re putting a lot of trust in them, so it’s good to know how legit they are.
#3. Provably Fair
Provably Fair technology isn’t just a gimmick; it’s an actual piece of software that uses blockchain to prove that any rolls, draws or other calculations made on the site aren’t manipulated in any way, by the casino itself or a third party.
Before any spins or rolls are made, you’re given a seed that you can compare to another that is generated after the round is completed. If they match up, you know everything was above board.
So far, Provably Fair technology hasn’t been applied to esports betting since you’re wagering on real-world events, but if you’re kicking back with a casino game or a hand of Dogecoin poker, it’s good to know that you’ve got Provably Fair technology in your corner.
#4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
Have you ever scored a jackpot on an online casino and tried to withdraw it before being told by your bank that the transaction was on hold for whatever reason? Or simply tried to move some of your money around between platforms, but it took ages to ‘settle’?
Well, Dogecoin makes all of that a thing of the past. As long as you have your own wallet, no centralized entity needs to get involved to withdraw your funds. Simply withdraw it from the betting site, and it’s in your wallet within minutes at most!
Best of all, you can check the status of your transactions on the blockchain in real-time using a blockchain explorer.
#5. Games Available
Even if you want to bet on esports events frequently, there may not be something big every single day. A good selection of other games provides a fun diversion and an alternate way to scratch that itch!
The best Dogecoin esports betting sites will offer you plenty of other things to bet on with your Dogecoin, from traditional sportsbooks to card games like poker and blackjack and casino staples like slots, roulette, and dice.
#6. VIP programs and Bonuses
If you’re into high-stakes gambling and fancy yourself a bit of a high roller, the best Dogecoin esports betting sites have you covered. You’re going to be able to take advantage of exclusive event invites, higher rewards, improved winnings, and increased bonuses.
Definitely keep an eye out for ‘free bet’ or ‘extra bet’ bonuses offered by esports betting sites that allow you to place a bet without wagering any of your own funds!
Speaking of bonuses, you don’t have to be a high roller to take advantage of them. In fact, given the variety of bonuses on offer, there’s something for everyone – and making full use of the right sort of bonus can really multiply your winnings.
For example, looking for Multiple Reload bonuses will reward you if you keep betting on the same site and perform reloads several times. Meanwhile, no deposit bonuses don’t require an opening deposit and therefore you can open accounts at each site that offers them to take full advantage.
If you’ve used Dogecoin or any cryptocurrency before, one of your main reasons for having done so was probably privacy. Cryptocurrencies allow you to make extremely secure payments without having to reveal your identity to anyone involved.
However, some Dogecoin betting sites need to apply KYC (Know Your Customer) protocols in order to acquire top-notch licenses, so you may not be able to sign up without revealing at least some token information.
As such, privacy can be a trade-off – there are sites that allow you to sign up completely anonymously and only be identified by your Dogecoin wallet, but you may not be as protected on these sites, as they may not be holding the best licenses.
We’ve mentioned licenses a few times already and for good reason—they are what guarantees in-game security. When a Dogecoin esports betting site obtains a license, they are then required to fulfil all of the requirements outlined by the relevant regulator.
While this may not line up with crypto’s original purely libertarian principles, a safe playing experience and knowledge that your funds are secure are definite positives!
Licenses aren’t the be-all and end-all of security, though. You should check to make sure that these sites are using the most up-to-date security certificates available.
Additionally, other features like two-factor authentication can greatly improve the safety of your account and funds.
How We Rated the Top Dogecoin Esports Betting Sites
Now that we’ve given you a whole host of things to consider when actually choosing a Dogecoin esports gambling site, here’s what we’ve worked into our ratings:
- Reputation: How well regarded the site is by the community and what their reviews say.
- Trust: Whether users trust the Bitcoin betting site and what the current feeling around the site is.
- Customer Service: Does the site handle issues quickly and provide customer satisfaction?
- Security: How good their encryption is and how they’ve handled any past breaches if any.
- Licenses: Is the gambling site licensed by any local or international gaming regulators?
- Promotions and Bonuses: These are great for you so we’ve given a significant weighting here!
- Provably fair games: Since Provably Fair technology can safeguard both you and the site, we made sure the best Dogecoin esports betting sites use it.
- Games available: A large selection of games, from Dogecoin roulette to blackjack, means that you’ll never want to sign off out of boredom!
- Cryptos available: If the site accepts deposits in a wide variety of crypto, you can use another currency in case you think Dogecoin is off to the moon!
- Payouts and Withdrawal: Fast payouts and withdrawals are key factors that we took into consideration in our rankings!
- Anonymity: What degree of anonymity the betting site is willing to offer you and how much information do they need for registration or account validation.
- High Returns: It wouldn’t be fun to gamble without the chance to win big, so we’ve given this significant weight in our ratings!
Dogecoin Esports Betting Vs Traditional Esports Betting Pros & Cons
Esports betting is a relatively new phenomenon and has been regulated tightly outside most of the countries where a lot of the major events are held. However, the huge popularity of its events makes it a rich area to take a punt!
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of wagering your Dogecoin on esports:
- Security: As long as you keep your wallet’s private key to yourself, the funds in your wallet are protected from any sort of tampering or illegal access by another party. Transactions on the blockchain are also more secure because they need to be validated by a majority of computers on the network through a process called mining.
- Faster Payouts: Crypto removes banks and other middlemen, which makes extremely fast transactions possible. While a traditional bank transfer may take days, most Dogecoin transactions go through in seconds!
- Higher Payouts: Since there’s no middleman to impose any restrictions, Dogecoin betting sites can relax the ceiling on payouts and let you withdraw some of those big wins faster!
- Privacy: Blockchain technology doesn’t allow payments to be changed or reversed once confirmed, so Dogecoin gambling sites can allow you a little more privacy and even anonymous gambling!
- Fewer Restrictions: Since those payments are very safe, Dogecoin esports betting sites can loosen some of their geographical restrictions and serve customers from further afield.
- High tech: Cryptocurrencies are cutting edge technology and Dogecoin gambling sites are created for users that demand the very best in function, design, and speed.
- Transaction Fees: Cryptocurrency transaction fees tend to be far smaller than fiat ones, and Dogecoin transactions can be made for practically nothing!
- Regulation: Despite slowing things down and adding service charges to everything, banks do come with a layer of safety by being able to reverse your transactions. That’s just not possible using Dogecoin, so the responsibility for making sure your funds are going to the right address is all yours.
- Legality: The legality of Dogecoin differs from place to place so you do need to keep up to date on whether your country of residence has changed its legal stance on crypto recently.
- Volatility: Dogecoin has recently been highly volatile, and if you are expecting huge appreciation you probably wouldn’t want to make too many payments using it. Of course, on the other side of that same token is the fact that you can also be raking in plenty of Dogecoin if you place winning bets!
How to Get Started with Dogecoin Esports Betting Websites
Is Dogecoin Esports Betting Legal?
Yes. Dogecoin gambling is legal, but there are a lot of things to look at.
One of the main factors that have made esports difficult for gambling regulators is the fact that a lot – if not most – of the competitors are minors, which has resulted in different countries taking different stances on esports betting.
As such, the first thing you need to investigate is whether esports betting is legal where you live. Chances are that it is, especially if you live in a country that’s well known for hosting big esports events, but it’s always worth making sure.
After that, check that online gambling is legal in your area. Traditional online betting has been around a long time now and has a presence in most markets, but still, safe is better than sorry.
Finally, you’ll need to find out what your regulators think about Dogecoin and crypto in general. This can change more frequently than you might imagine, so it’s good to keep tabs on the prevailing regulatory sentiment.
Last but not least, make sure to do your own research on how taxation works in your jurisdiction. If you have to complete some form of KYC and provide identification to the Dogecoin casino when registering, said site may be required to pass on information about your winnings and payouts to your tax authorities.
Dogecoin Esports Betting FAQ
In case there are still a few things you’re wondering about, have a look at these frequently asked questions about Dogecoin esports betting:
#1. Is Esports Betting With Dogecoin Legal?
As long as esports betting, online gambling, and Dogecoin itself are legal, then there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to gamble on esports online with your Dogecoin.
If in doubt, make sure to navigate to the ‘Rules’ section of your crypto esports betting site. They should have a lot more information there that’ll help put your mind at ease.
#2. What Is the Best Dogecoin Esports Betting Site?
Your own personal considerations and the way you want to use the site might weigh some factors differently than what we did, although we reckon that our rankings above are an excellent place to start.
If you’re the sort that takes privacy very seriously and would prefer to bet anonymously, you’re going to want to use a Dogecoin esports betting site that allows you to register without verification and connect just by using your wallet.
Alternatively, if you know exactly how and how frequently you’re going to be using the site, you can keep an eye out for the sort of bonus offerings that’ll best reward your style of gambling.
#3. What Kind of Games Can I Bet On Dogecoin Esports Betting Sites?
The most common esports that you can bet on fall into categories like MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), FPS (First Person Shooter), RTS (Real-Time Strategy), and Battle Royale. You can bet on events featuring some of the top games in these categories, many of which come in the form of leagues with professional teams facing off for prizes that dwarf many traditional sporting events.
In between laying down wagers on esports events, you can also bet on other sportsbooks on the very same Dogecoin betting site. You could even play online poker, blackjack, or any number of casino games using your Dogecoin!
#4. Why Is Esports Betting With Dogecoin Better Than Esports Betting With Fiat Currency?
Dogecoin betting is fundamentally different from betting with traditional fiat in many ways, and this is because of how transactions are confirmed and validated.
The blockchain technology used by Dogecoin relies on thousands of computers connected to its network to validate the information via a process called mining. When you make a transaction, it is democratically validated by a majority of these computers, or miners, and recorded permanently in seconds.
This makes transactions public, as the Dogecoin blockchain is a public ledger. That means no single person can claim a transaction wasn’t made, was erroneous, didn’t go through, or anything of the sort.
This type of transparent, democratically-validated public record of transactions makes Dogecoin transactions far better, safer, and faster than using fiat currency, although it also means there’s no bank or customer service to cancel transactions or issue refunds if you make a mistake when setting up payments!