Crypto sports betting has become one of the most exciting sports betting sectors in the last decade.
To begin with, the excitement of sports betting and the ups and downs of the crypto market combined make for an interesting combination. It is even more exciting when you throw Dogecoin, one of the most creative tokens in the crypto world, into the mix.
Dogecoin had a very busy 2021. After flying under the radar for years, the token saw a several hundred-fold increase in its value after it caught the attention of Elon Musk and the general public. It has since gone on to spur a whole subcategory of cryptocurrencies named in some way after the Shiba Inu (the dog that Dogecoin is named after).
If you’re caught up in Doge-mania or just want to bet on your favourite sports with cryptocurrency, we’ll show you all there is to know about how to go about it.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- X Things to Consider When Picking a Dogecoin Sportsbetting Site
- Dogecoin Sportsbetting Vs Traditional Sportsbetting
- What Sports You Can Bet on With Dogecoin
- Safety and Legality of Dogecoin Sportsbetting
And much more!
12 Top Dogecoin Sports Betting Sites in 2023
9 Things to Consider When Picking a Dogecoin Sports Betting Site
Because Dogecoin is so much more popular, more Dogecoin betting sites are now allowing their users to place wagers with and potentially win Dogecoin. But before you sign up with just any Dogecoin sports betting site, you need to keep a few things in mind.
When choosing the best Dogecoin sports betting websites, consider the following factors:
#1. Restricted Countries
Dogecoin might be a global phenomenon but this doesn’t mean that it can be used everywhere. Dogecoin sports betting sites have to be licensed to operate in each country they serve. This means that a dogecoin betting site might be available to users in one country but not the other.
Before you look into Dogecoin gambling sites, make sure that the sports betting site is licensed in your country.
Visit the Dogecoin sports betting site you are thinking of using and read through their list of supported countries. If your country is on the list, then you can proceed with your Dogecoin sports betting. If not, you’ll have to find another site to use.
#2. Reputation and Trust
For every reputable and trustworthy Dogecoin sports betting site out there, there are untrustworthy and scammy ones too. Before you sign up on any crypto sports betting site, you need to make sure they are of good quality.
The good news is that information travels fast on the internet and if a site that you are considering has done anything shady, there is probably some information about it. Search for mentions of the sites you’re considering on crypto forums to gauge their reputation.
If all else fails, a simple Google search should clear your doubts and help you make your decision. Alternatively, don’t underestimate the power of Reddit’s Dogecoin subs to get some sincere opinions from players who’ve already played on the site you’re looking up.
#3. Provably fair
Ever wanted to be sure that the casino you are using is playing fair and being honest with your odds? Well, now you can be! Many online casinos these days are using a blockchain-based concept called provably fair.
Provably fair creates an immutable third-party confirmation that all odds and games are played fairly and that the casino operators aren’t cheating their customers. Not every casino uses provably fair technology but the best Dogecoin casinos do.
While Provably Fair isn’t used for sports betting (because the games being bet on are happening in real-life), the Dogecoin betting site you use might offer Provably Fait for its other games like Dogecoin poker or slots. Either way, it is best to seek out Dogecoin sites that have this feature, because it typically means the site goes to great lengths to ensure its fair to its players.
#4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
If you’re the type that wants to get your money out of your sports betting casino as soon as you can, this is a detail you shouldn’t overlook.
Different Dogecoin sports betting sites have different payout terms and speeds.
Some payout within minutes of initiating a withdrawal and some take days to complete payouts. Before you decide on any site, find out what the terms and speeds are. This information can be found on most sites’ FAQ pages or on their social media.
#5. Games available
The beauty of sports betting is that it comes with a world of variety and there are dozens of games you can bet on. From horse racing to football to Dogecoin roulette, the options are practically limitless.
That said, not every Dogecoin sports betting site has all the games available and this is something to consider.
If you are a big fan of a specific game and want to bet on it, make sure whatever Dogecoin sports betting site you are considering has the game in question. If it doesn’t, move on to the next.
#6. VIP programs and Bonuses
What’s better than betting with Dogecoin on your favourite sports? Betting with crypto and getting bonuses! Dogecoin sports betting sites are known for giving bonuses to customers and also for having VIP programs.
These bonuses can be given weekly or after a customer hits a certain betting milestone. VIP programs also offer discounts, bonuses, and special rewards for users. You’ll want to get the best deal possible, so compare the programs and bonuses across several sites before making your choice.
No one wants to feel unsafe online and Dogecoin sports betting sites are no different. The last thing you want is your betting site getting hacked and your funds being lost.
The good news is that the best Dogecoin sports betting sites typically have a plethora of security measures in place to make sure that no security hacks take place. These often include encryption, specific software in place, and so on.
Before choosing a Dogecoin sports betting site, find out what security measures they have in place and choose the best ones.
When you’re using any site, you should be making sure that your privacy is being protected. This is even more so when you’re spending your money on the site, as you do with Dogecoin sports betting sites.
Are they sharing your information with third parties? Also, consider what information is being required of you in the first place. Some sites will let you sign up with just an email while others will require your phone number, address, and much more.
Keep these in mind before you sign up with any Dogecoin sports betting site.
#9. Customer Service
When you’re using any site, it is likely that you’ll need help at some point. Maybe you forget your password or can’t find a certain feature. This is where good customer service comes in.
Unfortunately, not every Dogecoin sports betting site has good customer service and you don’t want to find this out after you’ve given one your money. This is why you need to look into the customer service options of every site you are considering.
How many customer service channels do they have? Is customer service available 24/7? What is their response time? Consider all of these and choose the site that has the most efficient customer service system.
How We Rated The Dogecoin Sportsbetting Sites
Curious about how we compiled our amazing list of Dogecoin betting sites?
Well, first and foremost, we took several important factors into consideration, including:
- Reputation: The more popular and the better the reputation of the Dogecoin casino, the higher it was ranked.
- Security: Exchanges with more sophisticated security measures and systems were, the higher placed they were.
- Bonuses: We considered what benefits each Dogecoin betting site offers users in their rewards programs (discounts, bonuses, etc).
- The number of games available: The more games an exchange offers users, the higher we ranked them. On top of all the sports, the sites on our list offer everything from Dogecoin slots to Dogecoin blackjack.
- Withdrawal speed: We prioritised exchanges that had faster and more flexible withdrawal times and methods.
- Usability: Usability is key when using a Dogecoin sports betting site and this was an important factor in our ranking.
- Community: Site users and online communities were also considered and those sites with more active communities were ranked higher.
- Anonymity: Sites that allowed users to sign up and play while requiring fewer details were given a higher ranking.
Dogecoin Sportbetting vs.Traditional Sportsbetting Pros & Cons
While Dogecoin sports betting is becoming increasingly popular these days, is it any better than traditional sports betting? After all, some people would rather stick to the classics while others want to embrace the new.
There are many different sides to the argument and when it comes to Dogecoin sports betting versus traditional sports betting, there are several pros and cons to be had.
Here are some worth mentioning:
- Greater privacy: Dogecoin is stored in a crypto wallet and most crypto wallets do not need you to provide details like government ID and your address. This means that you can maintain your privacy more than you would with a traditional bank account.
- More control: Unlike with a traditional bank account, your crypto wallet cannot be frozen or restricted by a third-party institution and you can deposit and withdraw as much as you want from it at any time.
- Potential for profit: Cryptocurrencies fluctuate in value much more than fiat currencies. This means that if you bet with crypto like Dogecoin, your tokens could be worth more than before.
- Lower Payout Requirements: Dogecoin sports betting sites don’t have to process customer payouts through a middleman and this means that users can ask for payouts at lower thresholds.
- Payout Speed: The absence of a middleman also means that Dogecoin sports betting sites can payout much faster than traditional sites.
- Lower Transaction Fees: One of the benefits of cryptos like Dogecoin is that transaction fees are very low, which means less of your winnings at a Dogecoin sports betting site will be going towards fees.
- Potential for loss: The value of cryptocurrencies like Dogecoin fluctuates all the time and this means your tokens could be worthless after you bet with them.
- The need for conversion: Unlike fiat currency, cryptocurrency is not accepted as a medium of exchange in most places. This means that if you want to spend your Dogecoin sports betting winnings, you will have to first convert your tokens to fiat currency.
How to Get Started with Dogecoin Sportsbetting
So you’ve learned quite a bit about Dogecoin sports betting and want to actually get started. But how do you go about this?
To sign up on a popular Dogecoin sports betting site like Stake, for example, you should take the following steps:
What Sports Can I Bet On With Dogecoin?
The good news is that you can bet on practically every sport on the best Dogecoin sports betting websites. From the most popular ones in the world to the more obscure ones, some of the sports you can bet on with Dogecoin include:
And much more!
Is Dogecoin Sportsbetting Safe?
Dogecoin betting is perfectly safe as long as you are using a reputable site that is legal in your country and you follow all its rules. By doing this, you can be sure that you are not being duped by the site that you use. Also, as long as you keep your wallet details like your private keys and recovery phrase safe, your funds will not go missing anytime soon.
Is Dogecoin Sportsbetting Legal?
The short answer to this question is that yes, Dogecoin gambling is legal.
If you want a longer answer, though, it’s that it depends on which country you live in. In countries where cryptocurrency and betting are legal, then Dogecoin sports betting will be legal. In countries where either is illegal, however, Dogecoin sports betting will be illegal.
The good news is that there are more countries where cryptocurrency and sports betting are legal than there are countries where both are illegal. Find out what your country’s laws are and if you can legally bet with Dogecoin.
Dogecoin Gambling FAQ
#1. What’s the Best Dogecoin Sportsbetting Website?
Depending on what your own needs are, there are many Dogecoin sports betting sites that could be the best for you. Take a look at our ranking list of Dogecoin sports betting websites to find what is best for you.
#2. Can I Do Dogecoin Sportsbetting on Mobile?
If the Dogecoin sports betting site you use has a mobile version or app then you should be able to bet with Dogecoin on your mobile device.
#3. How Do I Deposit Money to a Dogecoin Sportsbetting Website?
There are many ways to do this depending on the site you use. You can connect your external crypto wallet, and send crypto directly, as well as a plethora of other methods.
#4. Can I Bet on my Favorite Sports With Dogecoin?
Most Dogecoin sports betting sites allow you to bet on most sports in the world, so your favourite sport should be available as well.
#5. How Long do Dogecoin Deposits Take?
This depends on the Dogecoin sports betting site you use. Some take a few minutes, some take hours or days to complete.
#6. How Long do Dogecoin Withdrawals Take?
This, again, depends on the site you use and can take anywhere from minutes to days.