Blackjack is regarded as one of the most widely played casino games in the world, and for good reason. It’s enjoyable, quick, and you have a fantastic chance to beat the house and make some profits!
It should come as no surprise, then, that Ethereum blackjack casinos are all the rage!
Traditional online casinos tend to come with certain disadvantages, like having to provide a lot of personal information, roadblocks put into place by the banking system, slow withdrawals, and stacked odds.
Well, Ethereum is changing all that.
The best Ethereum blackjack sites are taking over the industry and offering huge benefits, which we’re going to dive deep into with this article!
Keep reading for more information on:
- 12 Best Ethereum Blackjack Sites
- 10 Things to Consider When Picking an Ethereum Blackjack Site
- The Pros and Cons of Ethereum Blackjack Sites
- Ethereum Blackjack Deposit Bonuses
12 Best Ethereum Blackjack Sites
10 Things to Consider When Picking an Ethereum Blackjack Site
With all its popularity, it almost seems like there’s a new Ethereum blackjack site popping out daily, and picking the right one for you may appear a daunting task. There are a lot of factors to weigh up, and a lot of sites look very appealing indeed.
So, how to sort the wheat from the chaff? That’s where we come in! In addition to the list of top-rated sites above, we’ve put together some of the top things to keep in mind when picking an Ethereum gambling site, starting with:
#1. Restricted Countries
This is among the first things to consider because if the site you’re checking out doesn’t operate in your country, you had to best stop right there and look at the next one on your shortlist!
Different Ethereum blackjack sites tend to choose which regions they want to operate in and sort out the licensing for those particular countries. For example, a site may decide to target the American and Asian regions, but not serve Europe.
So, other countries not on that list may be geo-restricted as a result, but chances are there’s another top site that has taken the opposite approach and is ready to serve you!
If a site catches your eye, check their ‘Rules’ section! This is where Ethereum blackjack sites normally list which countries they operate in. If yours is on the list, tally ho!
#2. Reputation and Trust
Even though it should go without saying that choosing a reputable Ethereum blackjack site is important, we’ll say it again anyway! Happy customers and a spotless reputation mean that lots of other people have used the site safely and are pleased with their gaming experience.
Checking out a site’s reputation is as simple as a Google search, although it can often be a good idea to hop onto the more powerful social media platforms. The prevailing opinion on Reddit, for example, can be very telling.
Even though we’ll go into the safety and legality of Ethereum blackjack later in this article (spoiler alert: it’s both safe and legal!) you should definitely be using the most reputable site possible for your own security.
#3. Provably Fair
Have you ever had a sneaking suspicion that games in a traditional online casino were rigged against you? In a real casino, you can at least touch and feel the cards that are being dealt, and you can make sure that fresh packs are being used. In an online casino? Not so much.
Luckily, blockchain has spurred innovation, especially in the area of transparency, and Provably Fair technology is a great example of this. It’s a code phrase shown before you play that you can compare with what’s generated after the hand to make sure the odds weren’t favoring the casino.
Ethereum betting sites are happy to make use of this technology because it actually protects them too, ensuring that the hands dealt aren’t affected by any third-party interference.
#4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
One of the most frustrating things about traditional online gambling is the fact that it takes ages for you to move funds between your own accounts and the site itself, whether that’s a deposit or a withdrawal.
In the very worst cases, banks sometimes get involved and block transfers, freezing your funds and thereby making them inaccessible for even longer!
Ethereum casinos can effectively make that problem disappear. You are your own bank, as the saying goes when you use Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies. The middleman, banks, in this case, are eliminated from the equation, and settlement times are reduced from days or more to mere minutes!
Best of all, once a transaction is initiated and a hash (unique identification code) is generated, you can look up the status of said transaction immediately by copying that hash into the blockchain explorer.
One thing you may need to be wary of when using Ethereum is the variable ‘gas fee’, but this is paid by the sender and therefore not normally an issue for payouts.
#5. Games Available
You’re there for the Ethereum blackjack, but now and again it’s nice to kick back with something different! When you do want to take a break, it’s nice to have an Ethereum gambling site with plenty of options to offer.
The best Ethereum blackjack sites tend to offer an excellent selection including poker, dice, slots, roulette, even sportsbooks, and more to boot!
#6. VIP Programs and Bonuses
As a blackjack player, you know that you have an excellent chance to win a lot of hands, and coming away with significant takings is very possible indeed! What if we told you there’s a way to make those winnings even bigger?
Well, keep an eye out for the right bonuses and, if you’re a high roller, for those hefty VIP bonuses and loyalty programs! The best Ethereum blackjack casinos offer a wide variety of these, and we’ll go into more detail about them a little later in this article.
If you’re anything like us, you take security very seriously. After all, just connecting your Ethereum wallet to the wrong website can be a huge problem! As such, the security offered by Ethereum blackjack sites is something you should definitely consider.
One of the main things you can look out for in this regard is the licensing status of the site. Various local and international gaming authorities dispense licenses, and blackjack sites tend to display these on their home page.
These licenses mean that the Ethereum blackjack site is held to certain standards, and you can double-check the license on the public register of the relevant gaming authority if you still have any doubts.
Additionally, the best Ethereum blackjack sites will also employ the most up-to-date security certificates and encryption, and often also offer Two-Factor Authentication so you can better protect your account.
Even though blockchain technology is inherently transparent, the immutability of transactions means that Ethereum gambling sites can offer you the ability to play without revealing too much personal information.
You may not be granted complete anonymity by every Ethereum blackjack site since a lot of them have to abide by KYC (Know Your Customer) protocols, but the security of blockchain transactions means that you’ll get a far greater degree of privacy when you gamble with crypto.
#9. User Interface and Experience
The user experience provided by an Ethereum blackjack site is very important because, chances are, you’re gonna be spending some time on it. A minimal number of clicks to do what you need to do, a smooth browsing experience, and a design that fits your taste can make the experience a joy.
While this may take a back seat to a lot of other more important considerations like reputation and security, it’s simply awesome to find a site that you enjoy the look and feel of.
#10. Customer Service
Customer service is another thing that’s really nice to have. Legit Ethereum blackjack sites will do their best to try and help you if something comes up and the site is at fault.
Having said which, transactions on a blockchain cannot be changed, edited, or tampered with in any way or form once confirmed, so it’s on you to make sure all details including your wallet address and such are correct.
On the flip side, once a transaction is successful and visible on the blockchain, it absolutely cannot be disputed by any party.
How We Rated The Ethereum Blackjack Sites
Now that you know what to consider when picking an Ethereum blackjack site, here’s a list of what we’ve taken into account when rating our top choices:
- Reputation: Rep counts for a lot. This means people are happy with the site, and that it works just fine!
- Trust: You wouldn’t go giving someone you didn’t trust any of your money, would you? The same goes here so we made sure all the sites on our list are among the most reputable!
- Customer Service: Good customer service provides peace of mind, and that’s especially important when your Ethereum is on the line!
- Security: A good track record is imperative for a site to score highly on our list.
- Licenses: A licensed Ethereum blackjack site is held to higher standards, and that can only be a good thing.
- Promotions and Bonuses: The right bonuses can really help you double down on your rewards!
- Provably Fair games: Since Provably Fair technology can safeguard both you and the site, we checked to make sure it’s in use.
- Games Available: Just in case you want to take a break from Ethereum blackjack and play a few different games, from Ethereum poker to roulette, the sites on our list have you covered.
- Payouts and Withdrawals: Fast payouts and withdrawals are a huge benefit of using Ethereum!
- Anonymity: The less identification you need to provide the better, although some Ethereum blackjack sites have to do some KYC.
- High Returns: Again, better rewards mean a better ranking!
Ethereum Blackjack Betting vs.Traditional Blackjack Betting Pros & Cons
Cryptocurrencies have disrupted a lot of industries, and online gambling has also found that it needs to move with the times or risk getting left behind as the likes of Ethereum take over.
But what exactly is different? Let’s take a look at how Ethereum has changed the online blackjack landscape:
- Provably Fair: This algorithmic technology uses the blockchain to show you that each deal or draw is fair and not tampered with!
- Faster Payouts: Ethereum removes the middleman (the bank) and makes extremely fast transactions possible. While a traditional bank transfer may take days, Ethereum settles funds in minutes.
- Higher Payouts: Since there’s no middleman to impose any restrictions, Ethereum betting sites are able to raise the ceiling on payouts and let you withdraw those big wins faster!
- Privacy: Blockchain technology doesn’t allow payments to be changed or reversed once confirmed, so crypto gambling sites can allow you a little more privacy and, in some cases, even anonymous gambling!
- Fewer Restrictions: Since those payments are safe, Ethereum blackjack casinos can loosen some of their geographical restrictions and serve a wider audience.
- High tech: Cryptocurrencies are cutting edge technology and Ethereum betting sites are designed for users that demand the very best.
- Gas Fees: If you want to withdraw your Ethereum to your wallet, you may need to check what the gas fees are like at the time. When the network is congested fees can rise, but they often do fall again when the usage eases off. Ethereum is (in)famous for high gas fees, but there are already Layer 2 technologies that bring these fees down to almost nothing. Until those technologies get adopted by Ethereum gambling sites, you can keep an eye on gas fees and work out when they tend to be the cheapest.
- Regulation: Despite slowing things down and adding service charges to everything, banks do come with a layer of safety by being able to reverse your transactions. That’s just not possible using Ethereum, so the responsibility for making sure your funds are going to the right address is yours and yours alone.
- Legality: The legality of crypto can change frequently as countries try to wrest control of their economies, so you do need to keep up to date on whether your country of residence has changed its legal stance on crypto.
- Volatility: Ethereum is one of the best performing asset classes in the last few years. While this is excellent for you if you hold some, sometimes parting with such a high-performing asset can be difficult. Of course, on the other side of that same token is the fact that you can also be raking in plenty of Ethereum if you do well at the table!
Ethereum Blackjack Deposit Bonuses
Bonuses are an awesome way to make the most of your deposits to Ethereum blackjack sites, and different types of bonuses may work better for you than others.
Let’s take a look at the different types of bonuses commonly offered by Ethereum gambling sites so that you know what to look out for:
- Deposit Bonuses. When you make a deposit, a lot of Ethereum poker sites will match a percentage of it and provide you with even more funds to play with!
- Reload Bonuses. Repeat deposits, or reloads, may also be matched in the same way. Keep an eye out for this sort of bonus if you’re looking to become a regular at one particular site!
- No-deposit Bonuses. You can claim these without even having to deposit funds! The only catch? These may be quite rare. Do keep an eye out for Ethereum blackjack sites offering these for just opening an account, especially in no-deposit Ethereum casinos.
- No-wagering Bonuses. Claim, use, and withdraw! No strings attached. These are extremely popular and may also be quite rare.
- Loyalty. A lot of the best Ethereum blackjack sites offer you points for playing and can result in other bonuses, making them a great incentive to stick with a site that you like.
- VIP Programs. If you’re a high roller, VIP programs will give you increased bonuses, exclusive promotions, event invites, and a whole lot of other benefits!
Is Ethereum Blackjack Betting Safe?
In short, Ethereum betting is safe! We wouldn’t just want you to take our word for it, though, so let’s get into the nitty-gritty of it all.
There are really only three things that could theoretically fail when you make a transaction using Ethereum. You yourself, the Ethereum blackjack site, and the Ethereum blockchain itself.
Assuming you enter your details correctly and don’t make any mistakes, and the betting site is reputable and has all the relevant security features, that leaves the Ethereum blockchain itself.
The biggest threat to cryptocurrency is Quantum computing, although that is still a few years off and developers are constantly upgrading blockchains with a view to defeating it.
A 51% attack is acknowledged to be the only current way to effectively cripple or take over a blockchain, and it involves a majority of miners (in a Proof-of-Work blockchain, which Ethereum still is for the time being) being taken over or acting maliciously in unison. Given the decentralization of Ethereum, this is very hypothetical and would be next to impossible to carry out.
Ethereum is moving to Proof-of-Stake in the future, but the same concept holds. In this case, instead of a majority of miners, it would be a majority of validators of the network (who own massive amounts of Ethereum) that would need to be taken over. The level of investment required to manage this, again, is astounding.
That’s the sort of safety that’s backing up your transactions on the blockchain, meaning the safety of Ethereum gambling is really in your own hands. It falls to you to make sure to store your funds safely and choose one of the best, most trusted Ethereum blackjack sites to play on.
Is Ethereum Blackjack Betting Legal?
As a rule, the legality of Ethereum gambling tends to depend on the legality of online gambling and cryptocurrency. If either of those is considered illegal by regulators where you live, then Ethereum blackjack is also unfortunately out of the question.
Assuming both online gambling and cryptocurrency (and in some cases, Ethereum specifically) are indeed legal, you can easily check the status of most Ethereum betting sites by navigating the sites themselves. There should be at least a few great ones that operate where you live!
Also make sure to check what the minimum legal age for gambling in your jurisdiction is, in case there’s any chance you’re in that demographic!
Crypto Betting FAQ
Here are a few frequently asked questions about Ethereum blackjack and crypto betting, in case there’s still anything to address:
#1. What’s the Best Ethereum Blackjack Site?
This really depends on you, your preferences, and your needs as a blackjack player. Are you going to try and find that perfect site and play there frequently? Then look for a betting site that offers good reload bonuses. If you’re looking to play casually but are new to Ethereum gambling, make sure to use the most reputable sites with top security and good customer service.
We hope that there’s something for everyone on our list of the Best Ethereum Blackjack sites above!
#2. Can I Play Ethereum Blackjack on Mobile?
In short, yes! In fact, given the convenience, it might even be a better experience than otherwise and the best Ethereum blackjack sites are completely optimized for mobile browsers.
This also means you don’t have to worry about downloading, updating, and managing a pesky app, with all the security issues they bring in addition to the hassle. All you need to do is get onto your browser, open the (hopefully favorited) site and you’re off to the proverbial races.
#3. How Do I Deposit Money in an Ethereum Blackjack Website?
While this may not be the easiest thing if you’re new to the space, all it takes is a couple of transactions to get used to!
In broad strokes, this is what you’ll need to do:
- Set up and get comfortable with your Ethereum wallet. This may come in several forms like an account at a Cryptocurrency exchange, a browser plug-in like Metamask, an electronic wallet like Ledger or Trezor, or even a paper wallet.
- Fund your wallet by acquiring Ethereum, typically from an exchange but often directly from a wallet’s on-ramp, and transferring it over.
- If you’re new to crypto, make sure to choose the correct blockchain when you transfer crypto! You can’t move Ether on Bitcoin’s blockchain or vice versa!
- Log in to your crypto gambling site of choice and navigate to the cashier.
- Choose Deposit.
- Select the crypto you want to use and the relevant wallet option.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Make sure to accept any offered welcome bonuses!
- Double-check the amount you choose to deposit, and triple-check the keys provided to you by the cashier that you’ll use to deposit to.
- Wait for verification that the transaction has been completed. You will be able to check on its status using a blockchain explorer at any time!
- Start playing blackjack with your Ethereum!
- 12 Best Ethereum Slots Sites [w/ $5,000+ Welcome Bonuses]
- 10+ Best Ethereum Roulette Sites [w/ $1,000+ Bonuses]
- 9+ Best Ethereum E-sports Betting Sites in 2022