Dice games range back as far as known history, and if you’re interested in them, you’re part of a 4600+-year-old human tradition that dates all the way back to ancient Egypt and Sumeria.
Ethereum, meanwhile, is hardly a speck on that timeline, having had its whitepaper released in just 2013.
But what happens when the old and the new collide?
The result is a selection of fantastic offerings that disrupt the online gambling industry in the best possible ways, letting you take more control into your own hands and play with assured fairness!
In this article, we’re going to take a deep dive into all of these advantages and find out what the best Ethereum dice sites for you in 2023 are!
We’re also going to cover:
- More Pros and Cons of Ethereum Gambling
- How to Get Started with Ethereum Dice Sites
- Ethereum Dice Deposit Bonuses
So, read on!
12 Top Ethereum Dice Sites in 2023
10 Things to Consider When Picking an Ethereum Dice Site
With so many great Ethereum gambling sites to choose from, you might feel like you’re being spoiled for choice. That’s a good thing – and so is competition – but having a long list of offerings might be more valuable than you think!
As with any other service, many of the top Ethereum dice sites we’ve identified focus on different things.
Lining up their strengths with your preferences and style will help you make the most of your Ethereum gambling experience so here’s a closer look at what they are:
#1. Restricted Countries
The first thing you should take into consideration is what geo-restrictions each site has in place, or which sites operate in your country.
Even the very best Ethereum gambling sites won’t operate in every single country, but that’s not a problem because another top site will usually pick up the slack.
There’s nothing more frustrating than doing tons of research on a site and starting the registration process, only to find out at the last minute that your location is geo-restricted. As such, checking on this should be your first port of call as it can effectively help you filter out all the sites you won’t be able to use.
You can normally see what countries a gambling site can operate in by navigating to the site’s ‘Rules’ section.
#2. Reputation and Trust
Once you know which sites you can use based on location and considerations like geo-restrictions, one of our top recommendations is to investigate their reputation and the level of trust they enjoy from their customers.
If you’ve been in the crypto world for a while, you’ll know it’s not free of scams. It sometimes seems as if there’s a big rug-pull or code exploit story in the news almost every week, and you want to make sure you’re sending your hard-earned funds to a trustworthy site!
Think about all of the other sites you send money to, whether fiat or cryptocurrency. These could include a bank, a crypto exchange, a stock brokerage, social media platforms, traditional gambling sites, streaming platforms and any number of other service providers. Did you check out how trustworthy they are? The same holds for Ethereum casinos.
A few minutes spent scouring the web will give you a good idea about how trustworthy a site is, and platforms like Reddit are especially noteworthy because its users aren’t shy of bringing light to sensitive issues.
#3. Provably Fair
Trust in the safety of a site is one thing, but what about trust in the game coding and its fairness? You might have heard the saying “the house always wins” and that’s enough to make you wonder whether the odds are really against you.
Naturally, a lot of typical casino games have their own probabilities of success and need either luck or skill to overcome, but with traditional online gambling, there’s always that little voice in the back of your mind suggesting that the games themselves might be rigged via code.
Well, that’s where Provably Fair technology comes in. Practically, Provably Fair is a software algorithm that makes use of the blockchain to give you a seed before you roll the dice. Another is generated after the round, and you can compare the two to make sure there wasn’t any sort of server-side or third-party manipulation of the rolls!
#4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
Ever had problems withdrawing your winnings from an online bookie, where the site confirmed it, but your bank decided to flag the transaction and hold it up? Or, have you ever simply struck lucky with a weekend punt but then needed to wait until Monday to actually celebrate with your winnings?
One of the most common catchphrases in crypto is that you can ‘be your own bank.’ This is completely true with Ethereum and transactions on its network go untouched by any financial institution. What’s more, they settle in minutes!
However, that also means that you’ve got a lot of responsibility when it comes to providing details of transactions, and you need to double-check them. Even if you copy-paste your wallet keys, make sure to double-check because many crypto users have fallen prey to things like clipboard hijackers!
#5. Games available
You’re there for the dice, but the best Ethereum dice sites know that a little variety doesn’t hurt and will offer you options. There’s something to be said for being able to put a few bets on things like e-sports and sportsbooks or dive into a hand of poker or blackjack with your Ethereum.
Offering a wider variety of gambling options also tends to mean that you’re on a site that’s investing in its product and trying to serve a lot of customers. In turn, that should mean that they’re also investing in quality licensing and things like site security!
#6. VIP programs and Bonuses
We’ll go into greater detail about bonuses later in this article, but they’re also very important to look out for because of the potential to enhance your winnings.
What this means is that you should be looking out for a bonus offer that matches your style or habits in order to take its full advantage, and you’re sometimes going to see some great bonus offers that’ll pull an Ethereum betting site to the top of your shortlist.
As such, if you’re the sort who enjoys high stakes, prioritize the sites with attractive VIP programs. The best of these will give you all sorts of benefits, including additional levels of bonuses. High rollers always receive a warm welcome!
The best Ethereum dice sites also have the most up-to-date security features and licenses on the market, and you absolutely should consider them when choosing a site.
Security certificates and encryption provide maximum protection when using the site, and you can check exactly which of these are in play by navigating to the site’s footer.
Licenses, on the other hand, are dispensed by gaming regulators, so if a site holds one of these licenses you can rest assured they have to maintain a certain set of standards to remain in possession of the said license.
Privacy and anonymity were some of the founding tenets of cryptocurrency, and it remains a big reason why a lot of people use Ethereum.
If you made a fiat transaction on a traditional gambling site you would use a debit or credit card. These cards have your name and card number on them, but if you think back to when you applied for and received the said card, you either did this in person or via video call and had to provide a lot of personal information and documents like passports, driving licenses, IDs, utility bills etc.
So, that fiat transaction is never anonymous. Everyone involved in the transaction from the casino to the banks and the companies in the back end of the settlement system knows who you are and where you live, how old you are, and far too much more.
When you use an Ethereum wallet like Metamask, though? All you are is, in the above example, a card number. No name, no face, no other information, just a number – the public key of your wallet.
Granted, you might also use an account at a centralized exchange (CEX) as a wallet, and most CEXs require personal information. Some crypto casinos also require a certain amount of KYC (Know Your Customer) protocols in order to comply with license requirements.
By and large, though, your usage and transactions are going to be far, far more private if you gamble with Ethereum.
#9. Customer Service
Customer service is a hugely appreciated facet of any seller or service provider, and it’s just nice to know you’ve got a friendly, helpful customer service team waiting in the wings if anything goes wrong when you’re playing some Ethereum dice.
You should know that their powers are limited when it comes to transactions, though. No one can reverse an Ethereum transaction once it’s confirmed, so the responsibility is yours to make sure things like wallet details are entered correctly.
#10. Cryptos available
Ethereum is currently the second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization and a hugely effective and popular way of transferring funds.
However, a currency is an asset, and its value is measured relative to other assets – meaning a lot of people view it as an investment, something to buy and hold, to speculate on or, heavens forbid, even short sell!
This means that Ethereum has seen and indeed will most likely see further swings in price relative to other currencies and assets. On one of those green days (or weeks, or months!), you just may not feel like gambling away some of your Ether, even though you could win plenty back.
That’s why it’s nice when your crypto gambling site has a decent selection of cryptocurrencies you can gamble with. If you’d rather hold on to your Ethereum on the day, just throw some Dogecoin onto the table!
The selection of cryptocurrencies out there is immense, and the best Ethereum betting sites should also allow you to wager on a range of other cryptos.
How We Rated The Ethereum Dice Sites
Phew. That’s a lot of considerations to keep in mind. Luckily, we’ve got your back! We kept them all in mind when we evaluated our list of the best Ethereum dice sites.
Here’s a quick run-down of what went into our ratings of the best Ethereum dice sites:
- Reputation: How good the site is considered to be, based on online reviews, testimonies, and forums.
- Trust: How much trust users put in the Ethereum dice site and whether punters are happy to trust the site with large wagers.
- Customer Service: How effective, friendly and responsive the site’s customer service is when there’s a problem.
- Security: The Ethereum gambling site’s security is one of the most important factors in our rating, including whether they’ve had any breaches in the past and how they’ve handled them.
- Licenses: Sites with licenses from relevant gaming authorities were featured much higher in the rankings.
- Promotions and Bonuses: Promotions and bonuses are two of the strongest ways for you to get immediate rewards on dice sites so we obviously took them into consideration.
- Provably Fair games: We’ve done our best to make sure the games offered by the sites use Provably Fair technology.
- Games available: Your entertainment is important, so we’ve made sure to account for a wide variety of gambling and gaming options offered by the sites on our list, including slots and different card games.
- Cryptos available: We think it’s super beneficial when betting sites offer you a good selection of cryptocurrencies to gamble with, in case you don’t want to use Ethereum on the day.
- Payouts and Withdrawal: We consider easy payouts and fast withdrawals to be of utmost importance and have made sure to reflect that in our ratings.
- Anonymity: We’ve definitely factored in whether or not the dice site allows you to gamble anonymously, or what level of privacy you’re afforded.
- High Returns: We’ve naturally done our best to make sure the sites on our list reward you generously for playing!
Ethereum Dice Betting vs.Traditional Dice Betting Pros & Cons
We touched on a few basic advantages of Ethereum gambling earlier, but the topic deserves a lot more attention!
Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies are revolutionizing entire industries by incorporating blockchain technology and the concepts of immutability and decentralization, but how does that affect online dice games?
Let’s take a look!
- Security: As long as you keep your wallet’s private key to yourself, the funds in your wallet are protected from any sort of tampering or illegal access by anyone else. Transactions on the blockchain are also more secure because they need to be validated by a majority of computers on the network and can’t be changed once confirmed, making Ethereum an incredibly safe way to move funds.
- Faster Payouts: Crypto removes banks and other middlemen, which makes extremely fast transactions possible. While a traditional bank transfer may take days, Ethereum can validate your payouts in minutes!
- Higher Payouts: Since there’s no middleman to impose any restrictions, Ethereum betting sites are able to lift restrictions on payouts and let you withdraw some of those wins faster!
- Privacy: Because blockchain technology doesn’t allow payments to be changed or reversed once confirmed, Ethereum gambling sites can allow you a little more privacy and, in some cases, even anonymous gambling!
- Fewer Restrictions: Since those payments are safe, Ethereum dice sites can loosen some of their geographical restrictions and serve more customers.
- High tech: Cryptocurrencies are cutting edge technology and Ethereum gambling sites are designed for discerning users.
- Regulation: While banks can threaten withdrawals and hold up funds for ages, they do come with a layer of safety by being able to reverse your transactions if required. That’s just not possible using Ethereum, so the responsibility for making sure your funds are going to the right wallet is all yours.
- Legality: The legality of Ethereum and indeed crypto itself can change frequently as political narratives change, so you do need to keep on top of what your local lawmakers are up to with regard to crypto.
- Volatility: Ethereum has seen excellent price movement over the last few years, from the perspective of those who have held it. As such, using it in any way or simply moving some out of your wallet can be painful! Of course, you could also be raking in plenty of it if Lady Luck is on your side!
- Gas fees: If you want to withdraw your Ethereum to your wallet, you may need to check what the gas fees are like at the time. During periods of congestion, fees can rise, but they often do fall again when the network usage eases off. You can keep an eye on what the Ethereum gas fees are at any time on the Ethereum blockchain explorer.
How to Get Started with Ethereum Dice Sites
Ethereum Dice Deposit Bonuses
Ethereum dice sites tend to offer a lot of different types of bonuses that can even change from time to time. While a lot of punters may ignore them, taking full advantage of bonuses or at least making sure you go with a site that offers bonuses that match your style of play might make the difference between a big payout and a huge one!
Let’s go through the most common types of bonuses:
- Deposit Bonuses. Most Ethereum dice sites will offer you welcome bonuses when you make a deposit which often ‘match’ a percentage of your deposit to the site and thereby increase the funds you can play with!
- Reload Bonuses. A lot of sites will offer you a bonus to deposit multiple times. This is a ‘reload’, and if you play regularly with a site you’re probably going to want to take advantage of it.
- Free Spins/Free Rolls. These often don’t even require a deposit! As the name suggests, they imply a free crack at the game. What’s not to like?
- No-deposit Bonuses. Under one of these, you will be able to claim a bonus that doesn’t even require you to deposit funds on the site! Simply opening an account with them might be enough to claim one of these.
- No-wagering Bonuses. A no-wagering bonus is another extremely popular form of bonus because it can be claimed, used, and then withdrawn back to your wallet without any restrictions on how many times the amount is used in play!
- Loyalty. Most sites have a loyalty program that offers significant rewards and benefits. These will often reward you with points for playing that may be used to claim other bonuses.
- VIP Programs. If you enjoy high-stakes, you’re going to be interested in the VIP programs offered by the top sites. You’ll really find yourself taken care of, with far larger bonuses, exclusive promotions, event invites, and lots of other goodies!
Is Ethereum Dice Betting Safe?
Yes, Ethereum betting is safe. In fact, it’s much safer than you may realize.
Oh, you want the long answer? Alrighty then!
Cryptocurrency is given its name by cryptography, meaning that incredibly advanced encryption techniques are used to lock funds away in wallets and create blocks on the blockchain, which records the transactions you make when you use a cryptocurrency like Ethereum.
This cryptography is so advanced that, in theory, only Quantum computing could crack it. That isn’t a thing right now and, by the time it does become a thing, entire billion-dollar organizations will exist working to constantly improve the top blockchains (which Ethereum is).
The only way to compromise a blockchain right now is with a 51% attack. This means, gaining control of over 50% of the network to have a deciding say in what’s recorded in the blockchain’s new blocks.
In Proof-of-Work blockchains, which Ethereum currently is, that would mean taking over the majority of computers mining Ether, a difficult prospect given the sheer number and geographic spread of the machines, or adding a number of machines greater than the existing number, for which a supply simply doesn’t exist.
In Proof-of-Stake blockchains, which Ethereum is about to transition to, that would mean purchasing over 50% of the Ether supply. Given the very limited capacity for over-the-counter or ‘dark pool’ trading (large trades that don’t impact the price) of crypto, purchasing at that scale would become more and more expensive once underway, and likely an impossible task to accomplish.
Given just how difficult of a task it would be to compromise the Ethereum blockchain in any of these ways, its security is clear. In fact, the biggest risk to your own funds when using Ethereum is you – be careful where you connect your wallet, and what sort of software you allow onto your device!
Is Ethereum Dice Betting Legal?
Generally speaking, Ethereum gambling is legal.
This, however, is a multifaceted question, and is very specific to time and place – different countries can have different rules, and, in some countries, even different territories have their own views that differ wildly. Even worse, regulators keep flip-flopping on different aspects of crypto.
A checklist might help, though, and you can start by checking on the legality of online gambling in your area. Online gambling has been around for a while, and your regulators probably have a more decided stance on this. If it’s illegal, you might as well stop reading now. If it’s legal, press ahead!
Now, you need to check on the legality of crypto itself. A few countries still don’t like the taste of cryptocurrency, while others are increasingly warming up to the idea. Some regulators, meanwhile, have started to classify cryptocurrencies individually so that’s also worth looking into.
As long as the above considerations haven’t raised any issues, and you’re also of the minimum legal age for online gambling in your area, you’re good to go!
Ethereum Betting FAQ
Here are a few other questions that tend to come up when discussing Ethereum Dice, in case we haven’t already answered them above!
#1. What’s the Best Ethereum Dice Site?
We’ve tried to be as objective as we could and use a weighting system in our ratings that try to best approximate your needs, but everyone is different and what works best for another punter may not be your cup of tea.
That’s why it’s best to identify your needs and your style and look for an Ethereum dice site that fits those parameters.
If, for example, you enjoy playing casino games, cards and other games aside from just dice, you’re going to want a site that has a good selection of games for you to play.
Combine that with your deposit habits – do you want to put in smaller amounts more regularly? If so, you might gain a better player experience from a site that offers reload bonuses.
By working out your tastes based on our ‘10 Things to Consider’ section and putting it all together, you’ve got the blueprint of the sort of site that’ll be best for you!
#2. Can I Play Ethereum Dice on Mobile?
You absolutely can. The sites we’ve picked out are browser-based, so there is no need to download an app or anything of the sort. In fact, a lot of the best Ethereum dice sites know that it’s really easy to jump onto your mobile and play a round of dice on the go, so they tend to optimize very well for mobile browsing.
One thing to keep in mind is your wallet. Some popular Ethereum wallets like Metamask are really easy to use on mobile as well, but others aren’t as easy to connect or are unavailable in mobile form. If that’s the case, you might need to make your deposits and withdrawals on another device, but you should still be good to log in and play.
#3. How Do I Deposit Money to an Ethereum Dice Website?
This can be a daunting prospect for a new user, so we’ve put together a step by step guide on how to deposit funds in the best Ethereum dice sites.
- Set up and get comfortable with your Ethereum wallet. This may come in several forms, from an account at a Cryptocurrency exchange, a browser plug-in like Metamask, an electronic wallet like Ledger or Trezor, or even a paper wallet.
- Fund your wallet by acquiring Ether from some source, typically an exchange, and transferring it over. You can sometimes do this on your wallet itself if it has a built-in on-ramp. The Metamask and Loopring wallets, for example, have this feature.
- If you’re new to crypto, make sure to choose the correct blockchain when you transfer crypto! You can’t move Ether on Bitcoin’s blockchain!
- Log in to your Ethereum dice site of choice and navigate to the cashier.
- Choose Deposit.
- Select Ethereum and the relevant wallet option.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Make sure to accept any offered welcome or deposit bonuses!
- Double-check the amount you choose to deposit, and triple-check the keys provided to you by the cashier that you’ll use to deposit.
- Wait for verification that the transaction has been completed. You will be able to check on its status using the blockchain explorer at any time!
- Start playing dice with your crypto and winning big!
- 10+ Best Ethereum Roulette Sites [w/ $1,000+ Bonuses]
- 9+ Best Ethereum E-sports Betting Sites in 2023
- 12 Top High Roller Ethereum Casinos [Rated by Experts in 2023]