Ethereum has always been big in the crypto world and, more recently, in the gambling scene and world of esports too.
So, if you have some Ethereum saved and you’re a gamer who occasionally bets on MOBA, FPS, RTS, or Battle Royale, then you’ve probably heard about Ethereum esports betting sites and all the benefits they come with.
Not only are Ethereum esports betting sites more modern and user-friendly than traditional betting sites, but they are also much safer and faster.
Overall, it is safe to say that Ethereum can make your esports betting experience much smoother – and we’re here to tell you exactly how!
This article covers everything Ethereum esports betting-related, including:
- 12 Best Ethereum Esports Betting Sites in 2023
- 10 Things to Consider When Picking an Ethereum Esports Betting Site
- How We Rated the Top Ethereum Esports Betting Sites
- Ethereum Esports Betting Vs Traditional Esports Betting Pros & Cons
And much more!
12 Best Ethereum Esports Betting Sites in 2023
10 Things to Consider When Picking an Ethereum Esports Betting Site
When it comes to choosing the best Ethereum gambling site, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
Listed below, you will find the top things to consider that will help you make an informed decision and pick the best site for yourself.
#1. Restricted Countries
First and foremost, you need to check if the site you want to pick is restricted in your country or not.
You see, some Ethereum betting sites are restricted in some areas, due to not having the necessary licensing to operate there. Usually, if a site is geo-restricted where you live, you will get a pop-up saying so when you open it.
Even if you don’t, though, you can typically check all the countries where a site is restricted on the site’s “About Us” page.
And if your first choice doesn’t work where you live, don’t worry about it. There are many equally awesome sites out there that will. For example, all the sites on our list are licensed.
#2. Reputation and Trust
The second thing you need to check is a site’s reputation.
Although Ethereum sites are overall safe, scams in the crypto world are not uncommon and, since you’ll be depositing your precious Ethereum and linking your crypto wallet there, it’s always a good idea to choose a site that fully enjoys users’ trust.
The easiest way to check a site’s reputation is through reviews. If a site enjoys good reviews, that means it is trusted by the community.
So, before registering anywhere, do a Google search, check esports and crypto-related forums, or even go on Reddit’s Ethereum gambling subs to see what people are saying about the site you’re considering.
It’s an easy and credible way to find out whether a site is sketchy or not.
#3. Provably Fair
Provably Fair is a piece of technology that is used by many Ethereum esports betting sites to ensure transparency between them and the players.
Specifically, this is a blockchain-based software that independently verifies the fairness of casinos towards its players. A casino that uses Provably Fair will have a publicly-accessible system that confirms game results were not tampered with.
In addition to this, Provably Fair lets you check the game’s odds yourself by providing a provably fair checker, which allows you to see whether the value generated at the start of the game is the same as the one produced when it’s over. If the numbers are the same, that means the game isn’t manipulated.
As far as esports betting goes, Provably Fair has not been implemented yet, since you are betting on real-time events. However, if you are someone who also enjoys games like Ethereum poker or slots from time to time, you know that you can trust a site that uses Provably Fair.
#4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
The next thing you need to check is the payout and withdrawal terms.
Ideally, pick a site with a low payout limit and instant withdrawals. This way, you can withdraw your winnings quickly even if it is a small amount.
Moreover, make sure to read the terms carefully and pick a site based on your preferences, as one site’s withdrawal terms can differ from another with respect to where your funds will go. (i.e. directly to your crypto wallet or via a third-party gateway).
#5. Games available
Next, you should check the game range on the site you want to play on.
Make sure to pick a site that lets you bet on not only your favorite game but on all the biggest games of the year. This way, you can always bet on any game you want.
Moreover, it is always better to pick a site that also doubles as a casino so you can emerge in a fun gaming experience! Always choose an Ethereum casino site that has all the classics like blackjack, roulette, slots, poker, and dice.
#6. VIP programs and Bonuses
Welcome bonuses and VIP perks can make a huge difference in your gaming experience at an Ethereum casino.
This is exactly why you should check what kind of welcome bonuses and VIP perks a site offers. Welcome bonuses are for new players. So, if you’re only looking to test the waters, pick a site with a great welcome bonus. Also, you should always keep an eye out for ‘free bets’ or ‘bonus bets’ so that you can place some bets free of charge!
On the other hand, if you want to become a regular player, pick a site with a good VIP program. These programs are exclusive to regular and active players and typically grant you access to a lot of perks such as real-life presents, invites to exclusive events, higher rewards, bigger bonuses, and much more!
#7. Customer Support
Customer support is super important when it comes to Ethereum esports betting sites. Since you can’t call a bank or anyone else when you use Ethereum to play, your best bet at getting an issue resolved is the website’s customer support.
It’s exactly for this reason that you should pick a site that has quick and effective customer service. Additionally, always choose an Ethereum esports betting site that has customer support available via multiple platforms such as phone, text, email, etc 24/7.
That said, you should also keep in mind that when it comes to using Ethereum to bet, the website customer support can do nothing to help if you transfer the wrong Ethereum amount or if you put the address wrong.
Crypto transactions cannot be undone, so double and triple-check before hitting OK.
#8. Types of Crypto Accepted
As far as Ethereum esports betting sites go, it is always the smart choice to check the payment options and see how many forms of cryptocurrencies a site accepts.
The key here is the more, the better. So, always go for sites that accept other types of cryptocurrency in addition to Ethereum too.
Basically, the more types of crypto a site accepts, the more purchasing power that gives you. For example, if Ethereum reaches peak value and you don’t feel like risking losing them, you can easily switch to betting with another crypto.
A website with licensing is always the better pick. This is due to several reasons, such as:
- Security of funds
- In-game fairness
- Ability to payout wins
To check for website licensing, all you have to do is scroll down to the site’s homepage. From there, you should be able to see the license and the regulatory body that controls it.
Of course, all the sites on our list are licensed so feel free to go ahead and pick any!
If you’ve bet on sports on a traditional sports betting site, you probably already know that privacy isn’t their strong point.
Well, that’s not the case with the best Ethereum sports betting sites.
It is a well-known fact that when you trade with crypto, your privacy is much safer. Basically, you can play and withdraw funds on the blockchain without ever having to reveal too much of your identity, as your Ethereum wallet can not identify you.
That said, some Ethereum esports betting sites apply some KYC (Know Your Customer) protocols; however, the information is minimal compared with traditional sites, which require your ID, bank information, and the sorts.
So, if you’re someone who’s looking to stay anonymous while betting, go for a site that requires little personal information to register you.
If, on the other hand, you are looking for a safe gambling experience, you may need to trade over some of your privacy. Some Ethereum esports betting sites, for example, apply more KYC protocols just to collect the licenses and verifications that guarantee players a super safe gambling experience.
How We Rated the Top Ethereum Esports Betting Sites
Keeping all the above in mind while looking for an Ethereum esports betting site to play on may quickly turn into a daunting task, that’s why we already did all the hard work for you.
Here is exactly what we took into consideration when compiling our list of the best Ethereum esports betting sites:
- Anonymity – We know how important anonymity is to most players. As a result, we only included sites that ask for little to no personal information to register
- Provably Fair – As stated above, Provably Fair makes a huge difference in your gaming and betting experience with respect to transparency. So, on our list, you will only see sites that use Provably Fair.
- Welcome bonuses – Next, we took a look at welcome bonuses for new players on Ethereum esports betting websites and only included the ones with the biggest and the most generous welcome bonuses.
- Game range – We all know how important game range can be when it comes to Ethereum gambling sites. So, you will only find sites with impressive and large game range on our list including casino classics like slots and blackjack! There is something for everyone.
- License – Licensing has a lot of impact on your gaming experience in terms of safety and payouts. For this reason, we only put licensed sites on our list so you never have to worry about security and withdrawing your winnings!
- Payment options – The sites on our list accept multiple cryptocurrencies as payment. So, you can pick and choose between what coin you want to use.
- Reputation – Our experts picked the best of the best Ethereum esports betting sites. With us, you always get the highest-rated and the most trusted sites.
Ethereum Esports Betting Vs Traditional Esports Betting Pros & Cons
Ethereum esports betting is relatively new, which means that many gamblers are still hesitant about betting with Ethereum instead of fiat currency.
Here’s a list of some upsides and downsides you should know to come to a decision yourself:
Pros of Ethereum Esports Betting
- Privacy – One of the biggest pros of Ethereum esports betting websites is that players can maintain their privacy. Unlike regular betting sites, players are asked for little to no personal information which allows them to remain anonymous while betting and playing games.
- More transparency – Ethereum esports betting sites are known to be more transparent with their players. They use technology like Provably Fair to ensure that no game is manipulated, unlike their regular counterparts.
- It is an investment – You can treat Ethereum as an investment and sell them at a higher price than when you wagered them. It is a simple way to make quick profits.
- High tech – Since crypto esports betting sites are newer, they have better design and are easier to navigate than traditional esports betting sites. This means that Ethereum sports betting sites offer faster gameplay, and instant withdrawals and you rarely run into any major hiccups while betting or gaming.
- Lower transaction fees – Unlike regular sites which are known to charge a heavy fee every time you withdraw your winnings, you don’t have to worry about hefty transaction fees on Ethereum betting sites.
- Faster and higher payouts – With Ethereum esports betting, the payouts are super quick since there is no middle man or third-party gateways. All your winnings go directly to your crypto wallet.
Cons of Ethereum Esports Betting
- You are responsible – If you make an accidental transaction while using Ethereum sports betting sites, you can’t call a bank to cancel it or issue a chargeback like you can on regular esports betting sites.
- It is not mainstream – Crypto is still new and, as a result, most places don’t accept it as payment. On the other hand, you can make a payment with regular currency everywhere.
- It is volatile – Since Ethereum’s value is volatile, you always have to keep an eye on the market so that you can sell them for a profit. In other words, the value of crypto is rather unstable. So, it can go high or low super quickly.
Is Ethereum Esports Betting Legal?
Yes, Ethereum gambling is legal. As long as crypto and online betting are legal in your country, Ethereum esports betting should be no different.
In fact, the only cases in which it would be illegal is if crypto or online betting is banned in your country. If this doesn’t apply to you, feel free to go ahead and start betting!
As far as esports betting goes, the laws differ from country to country. Since most people betting are minors, you should always check your country’s laws and restrictions beforehand.
However, it will most probably be legal with a few restrictions in place.
When you are done with that, check the status of crypto laws in your country, as crypto laws tend to change more often than not. So, to be on the safer side, know them before you register on a site.
Ethereum Esports Betting FAQ
If all your questions haven’t been answered already, listed below you will find some of the best commonly asked questions about Ethereum esports betting.
#1. Is Esports Betting With Ethereum Legal?
Yes, it is legal. The only cases in which it would be considered illegal are if either crypto or online betting is banned in your country.
#2. What Is the Best Ethereum Esports Betting Site?
Well, that depends entirely on the player. Any website that has your favourite games, favorable bonuses, and optimal withdrawal and payout terms would be the best for you.
However, there are certain features, like a good design, game range, and payment methods, that always make a website good.
#3. What Kind of Games Can I Bet On Ethereum Esports Betting Sites?
You can bet on all the biggest games of the year on Ethereum esports betting sites. Just make sure to pick a website that has the game you want to bet on and more!
Typically, you’d be able to place a bet on any games that come under MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), FPS (First Person Shooter), RTS (Real-Time Strategy), and Battle Royale games.
Most of these games are played during leagues by professional teams. So, always keep an eye out for the days on which the events take place.
Again, you can pick any of the sites on our list as they offer the biggest esports games of the year to bet on.
#4. Why Is Esports Betting With Ethereum Better Than Esports Betting With Fiat Currency?
Ethereum esports betting sites are better for a number of reasons such as:
- Better security
- Faster payouts
- More transparency
- It is safer
- 10+ Best Crypto Betting Sites World-Wide in 2023 [Bonuses!]
- 12 Top High Roller Ethereum Casinos [Rated by Experts in 2023
- 11+ Best Crypto Sports Betting Sites in 2023 [w/ Bonuses!]