Esports are some of the most-watched events across the globe today, and if you are following any sort of live competition, the odds are very good that it’s esports.
Cryptocurrencies are also hot on everyone’s lips thanks to the recent bull market and adoption in various areas, from celebrities getting into NFTs to various industries utilizing the benefits of the blockchain.
But what happens when these two trends collide? Why, Esports betting with your crypto, of course!
In this article, let’s take a look at what Litecoin, one of the so-called ‘blue-chip’ cryptocurrencies with plenty of history, brings to esports betting.
We’ll also go over:
- 10 Things to Consider When Picking a Litecoin Esports Betting Site
- What Esports You Can Bet On With Litecoin
- Pros and Cons of Litecoin Esports Betting
… and a lot more. So, read on!
10+ Top Litecoin Esports Betting Websites in 2023
10 Things to Consider When Picking a Litecoin Esports Betting Site
Our list above scores and ranks the best Litecoin Esports betting sites, but where should you start? Sure, you could just go with number one and work your way down, but it can be useful to identify what you need from your Litecoin casino first.
Let’s take a look at some of the most important considerations you should make when choosing a site to bet with:
#1. Restricted Countries
Despite being seemingly inconvenient, geo-restrictions are often used by the best Litecoin esports betting sites.
While this can be disappointing, it’s often done for the very legitimate reason of licensing. The best Litecoin betting sites obtain licenses from local and international gaming authorities which require them to uphold certain standards of operation for security reasons.
However, some regulators tend to have geographical limitations, so obtaining all licenses required to cover every country out there becomes quite unfeasible.
That’s why the best Litecoin esports betting sites often focus only on certain countries and regions to provide customers with the best possible service and security.
#2. Reputation and Trust
Just like any other business, the reputation and level of trust enjoyed by customers are some of the biggest factors to consider when debating whether to use a service.
It’s quite easy to investigate how good a Litecoin betting site’s reputation is given that your first port of call might simply be a Google search! A lot of the biggest controversies surrounding a platform will normally show themselves very quickly, and you can make an informed decision about their trustworthiness after just a few minutes of browsing online.
Social media is also a valuable tool when doing your background research on a Litecoin esports betting site. Namely, Reddit’s gambling subs are an excellent example of an easy way to find detailed reviews of real users’ stories.
#3. Provably Fair
Provably Fair is a game-changing innovation in online gambling made possible by blockchain technology. It bears mention even when you’re looking for esports betting.
A lot of the best Litecoin esports betting sites also offer casino games like slots or card games like poker, and Provably Fair applies to these.
Provably fair is a software algorithm wherein you are sent a code by the server before playing a round of a game, then sent another code after the game so that you can compare the two. This verifies the RNG (Random Number Generator) or randomness of the dice rolls, card draws, etc by showing you nothing was altered or tampered with.
Even though Provably Fair doesn’t apply to esports or sports betting directly, checking to see if it’s in use tells you that the Litecoin gambling site is doing everything it can to give users the most secure chance to win money!
#4. Payout and Withdrawal Speeds & Terms
One of the biggest reasons behind cryptocurrency’s invention was the inefficiency and lack of privacy inherent to the traditional financial system. Fund settlement takes ages, and there are a lot of entities involved with fiat transactions, each of whom has an inordinate amount of power over your funds.
Cryptocurrency changes the game, and Litecoin especially has been positioned as a payment network. You’re going to be paying just a few cents as a fee, rather than the percentage fees charged by many fiat processors. And the best part is – Litecoin transactions settle in just two and a half minutes!
Because of how blockchain technology works, there are no third parties involved in Litecoin transactions. Once they are confirmed, Litecoin transactions can’t be stopped or changed. Thanks to the reliability of the system itself, Litecoin esports betting sites can offer you much more favorable payout and withdrawal terms.
#5. Games Available
Esports events come thick and fast, and there are a lot of competitions to bet on every week. Still, once you hop onto the site and get your wagers set up, you might have a little time to kill. Why not play a little Litecoin blackjack?
The best Litecoin esports betting sites will offer you a good selection of games to play in case you do want a break from betting. From poker to dice and casino favorites like roulette, there’s usually something for everyone!
#6. VIP Programs and Bonuses
If someone gives you a chance to win for free, or win more, you’d take it, wouldn’t you? Bonuses do exactly that, and keeping an eye out for bonuses that you can make the best use of will stand you in good stead.
One of the best types of bonuses you can get is the ‘free bet’ or ‘extra bet’ bonus, where, as the name suggests, you can lay down a wager without actually risking any of your funds! Of course, there may be some conditions on when or how you get access to these, or restrictions on withdrawal, but they’re not always unrealistic.
On the other hand, VIP programs will help you leverage your high roller status if you’re laying down big wagers, and there are lots of perks for getting into them! If you’re in this group, definitely look to compare the VIP programs of the different Litecoin sites you’re deciding between.
We’ve already touched on a few things related to security, but it definitely requires its own category! Safety and security on the internet are a big deal, and it isn’t just the safety of your funds. Visiting an unsafe site could lead to far more problems, including compromising your data, personal information, and your device itself!
For this reason, you shouldn’t take security for granted. One thing you can check on to make sure a Litecoin betting site’s security is good is what security certificates they have. This, along with what sort of encryption is being used should be mentioned in the site’s footer.
2FA or Two-Factor Authentication is another security-enhancing feature to look out for, especially when paired with a popular authenticator app rather than the more basic SMS authentication.
Finally, a quick look at what licenses the site has obtained will also give you an idea of how safe you can expect it to be. These licenses require Litecoin esports betting sites to operate at high standards. While they’ll be advertised in the site’s footer, you can verify that the site has these licenses by visiting the relevant gaming authority. They maintain public registries so you can see for yourself!
Being another one of crypto’s founding principles, privacy is something that Litecoin brings to the world of esports gambling.
If you’ve got some Litecoin, you might already have an exchange account so you’ll know about KYC (Know Your Customer). Licensed Litecoin casinos may have to undertake the same KYC and AML (Anti Money Laundering) protocols as exchanges, meaning that a lot of the time you’ll have to provide some form of personal information or identification to them.
Still, when you make an actual payment from your Litecoin wallet to that of the site, that transaction isn’t directly monitored or beholden in any way to banks and other regulators.
Some sites may allow you to gamble anonymously, though, in which case all you’ll need to use is a Litecoin wallet. Your Litecoin wallet can’t be tied to your identity unless you do so yourself on social media or somewhere else.
#9. Customer Service
Good customer service is nice to have, but it would normally be featured higher on a list like this. Why, you ask? Well, if you make a mistake entering a wallet address or any other details while setting up a transaction, there’s nothing the site can do in terms of reversing or amending that transaction.
Crypto puts a lot of responsibility in you, the user’s hands, and if you make a mistake like that even the best Litecoin esports betting site won’t be able to help you out.
Still, if something goes wrong and the site is at fault, good customer service comes into play. You can find out a lot about this aspect of a site when you’re reading up on its reputation!
#10. User Interface
This doesn’t tend to be a make-or-break aspect unlike some of the other entries on this list. However, once you start using a Litecoin esports betting site, a well-designed user interface and a refined user experience start to become noticeable.
It’s just nice to be able to do what you want to with the minimum amount of clicks and fuss, without too many distractions or anything of the sort. A slick, nicely designed site can add a lot more pleasure to the rush of winning big!
How We Rate Litecoin Esports Betting Sites
Researching and ranking the best Litecoin esports betting sites while keeping all of the factors above in mind might sound like a massive task. But, we’ve incorporated it all into our ratings!
Here’s a list of exactly what we’ve taken into account:
- Reputation: How well regarded the site is by the community and what their reviews say.
- Trust: Whether users trust the Litecoin gambling site and what the general sentiment around them is.
- Security: Whether the sites have had any security breaches or leaks in the past and how good their encryption is.
- Licenses: Is the gambling site licensed by any local or international gaming regulators?
- Promotions and Bonuses: These are great for your chances of winning more so we’ve given a significant weighting here!
- Provably fair games: Since Provably Fair technology can safeguard both you and the site, we made sure it’s in use!
- Games available: A large selection of games, from Litecoin poker to dice, gives you more ways to win!
- Cryptos available: If the site accepts deposits in a wide variety of crypto, you can use other cryptocurrencies for betting. Why not try Ethereum esports betting, for example?
- Payouts and withdrawals: Fast payouts and withdrawals are big factors that we took into consideration in our rankings!
- Customer service: Does the site handle issues promptly and to the satisfaction of customers?
- Anonymity: What degree of anonymity the site is willing to offer you and what personal information do they require upon registration.
- High returns: It wouldn’t be fun to bet without the chance to win big, so we’ve given this a lot of weight in our ratings!
Litecoin Esports Betting vs.Traditional Esports Betting Pros & Cons
Esports betting hasn’t been around for very long in comparison to traditional sports betting, but the sheer popularity of esports competitions has quickly made the betting industry stand up and take notice!
Sure, you could go ahead and use your fiat to bet on esports as well. But how exactly does Litecoin change the equation? Let’s take a look:
- Security: So long as you keep your wallet’s private key to yourself, you’re the only one who can access it. Also, transactions on the blockchain are more secure because they need to be validated by a majority of computers on the network!
- Faster Payouts: Litecoin removes banks and other intermediaries, therefore speeding up transactions. While a traditional bank transfer may take days to process, Litecoin gets the job done in just two and a half minutes!
- Higher Payouts: Since there are no intermediaries to impose any large fees or restrictions, Litecoin esports betting sites can pay out bigger amounts and let you withdraw those big wins faster!
- Privacy: Blockchain technology doesn’t allow payments to be changed or reversed once confirmed. This creates trust in the system itself, rather than the transacting parties. So, Litecoin casinos can allow you a little more privacy and, in some cases, even anonymous gambling with the full knowledge that your funds will settle and there’s no danger of denial or refunding.
- Fewer Restrictions: Since Litecoin payments are safe and secure, Litecoin betting sites can loosen some of their geographical restrictions and serve more customers.
- Transaction Fees: Litecoin transaction fees are extremely low. And while most cryptos tend to have variable fees, Litecoin fees are always a flat figure rather than a percentage. Litecoin is optimized for payments and few currencies can beat it!
- Regulation: Despite adding service fees to everything and being painfully slow, banks do sometimes allow you to reverse your transactions. That’s just not possible using Litecoin, so the responsibility for making sure your funds are going to the right address is all yours.
- Legality: The legality of crypto can change frequently so you do need to keep up to date on your country’s current legal stance.
- Volatility: Litecoin is positioned as a currency and a payment network, but just like Bitcoin, it has a fixed, predefined supply. This scarcity differs a lot from fiat, which is simply printed at the whim of Central Bankers the world over. This means that Litecoin tends to appreciate in comparison to fiat which constantly devalues, and it can be hard to spend an appreciating asset when you could just be using your fiat instead.
How to Get Started with Litecoin Esports betting
What Esports Can I Bet On With Litecoin?
If an esport is popular, odds are you can bet on it! The best Litecoin esports betting sites focus on all the major esports events and have tailored bets in lots of different genres. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular esports on offer.
One of the biggest FPS (first-person shooter) titles for over two decades, Counterstrike is now played in the form of CS:GO. You’ll find leagues from all over the world to bet on. It features some of the most intense team-based competitions in esports and you’ve got a lot of options on what sort of bets you can make.
Another game that has stood the test of time, Defense Of The Ancients 2 is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena where two teams of five players go head to head for some of the biggest awards in esports.
Evolving gradually every year, the Electronic Arts title has been a household name since the ‘90s and now takes the world’s favorite sport into esports arenas everywhere. Some athletes are even starting to blur the lines between the electronic version and the real thing, and a lot of the best football clubs in the world have an official esports division.
#4. Rainbow Six
Thankfully back to fiction, Tom Clancy-inspired Rainbow Six is another very popular franchise for esports given its highly tactical take on FPS action. Like all of the other entrants on this list so far, the franchise with its many titles has been around the gaming scene for decades.
#5. League of Legends
LoL, also known as League, is another 2000’s multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) that was inspired by DOTA, adding role-playing game elements to the real-time strategy focus of the DOTA games.
#6. Other Games
Adding every available title to this list would make it very long indeed, but honorable mentions go to other Electronic Arts titles like NBA and Madden, Arena of Valor, King of Glory, and many more. Despite its infancy, esports continues to grow in leaps and bounds, and if your favorite game doesn’t feature betting yet, it might do soon!
Litecoin Esports Betting Bonuses
Bonuses are an awesome way to win! A lot of players simply ignore them or think that they’re simply a fringe benefit, but understanding the different types of bonuses is key to making the most of them.
Let’s take a look at the most common bonus types offered by Litecoin betting sites:
- Deposit Bonuses. When you make a deposit, a lot of Litecoin casinos will match it with a percentage or a certain amount, giving you that much more funds to bet with!
- Reload Bonuses. These are like deposit bonuses, but for every new deposit you make! They are great when you want to pick one Litecoin esports betting site and stay with it.
- Free Bets/Extra Bets. Specific to esports and sports betting, this does what it says on the tin – you get a free bet where you don’t have to wager your own funds!
- Free Spins/Free Rolls. If you’re playing a casino game like Litecoin dice, you can get free spins or rolls which are just like having a free bet!
- No-deposit Bonuses. Sign up and claim, without even having to deposit funds!
- No-wagering Bonuses. Claim, use, and withdraw! These are very popular thanks to the limited conditions on withdrawing.
- Loyalty. If you stick with a Litecoin esports betting site you can usually earn loyalty points, which you can claim for perks or other bonuses.
- VIP Programs. If you like high stakes, look out for these! You can get a lot of benefits, and increased bonuses if you’re a high roller.
Is Litecoin Esports Betting Safe?
Litecoin is maintained and constantly updated by a team of developers that are part of the Litecoin Foundation, which is a non-profit charged with administering the blockchain.
The blockchain itself is one of the original few, and in fact, can claim to be the closest to Bitcoin out there. In fact, it once was Bitcoin! Litecoin is a hard fork of Bitcoin, meaning it shares the same codebase. But it diverged and was developed separately after the fork.
Like Bitcoin, Litecoin is a proof-of-work blockchain, meaning that its security boils down to how many different computers are connected to the network and solving mathematical problems, or mining. These machines, or miners, effectively vote on what information gets stored on the chain.
Attacking the blockchain, therefore, means that an entity would have to compromise over 50% of the miners on the network, which is no small undertaking. Given that the number of miners out there is growing, and the network widens every day, Litecoin is getting safer and safer!
Litecoin is safe, but are you safe using it? As a crypto user, you’re responsible for your own safety, and there are quite a few pitfalls out there. Connecting your wallet to an unsafe site is a bad idea. Scammers are known to get fake sites to rank higher than the real ones on Google, so check those URLs!
Also be careful of subtle attacks like clipboard viruses, which are designed to change what wallet address gets used when withdrawing funds.
Is Litecoin Esports Betting Legal?
There are three things to look at here. First, you definitely need to check if online gambling is legal where you live. If online gambling is illegal, you’re right out of luck!
If online gambling is legal, check on what your regulators think about crypto. Litecoin gambling is legal, generally, but if regulators in your country view crypto in an unfavorable light then you may not be able to gamble with your Litecoin.
If Litecoin or crypto and online gambling are both legal, you’re halfway there. This does mean that you’ll be able to play at the best Litecoin casinos without having to worry, but esports adds its own wrinkle.
The issue that could arise with esports is that a lot of competitors tend to be minors, and this raises legal challenges. As such, esports betting is another topic that may see lots of chopping and changing in terms of the regulators. You’d do well to check, and keep abreast of any developments!
If crypto, online gambling, and esports betting are all legal where you are, you’re good to bet at litecoin esports betting sites!
Litecoin Esports Betting FAQ
In case you’ve still got questions, let’s look at a few frequently asked ones about Litecoin esports betting:
#1. What’s the Best Litecoin Esports Betting Website?
One size generally doesn’t fit all! We’ve done our best to provide a comprehensive, ranked list of the best Litecoin esports betting sites at the top of this article. It’s weighted according to all the needs of an average gambler.
The thing is, what’s best for you may be very different from what’s best for the next person, so your considerations will be weighted a lot more strongly than a list that will average those needs out.
If your primary requirement is security, go right ahead and use the site with the latest encryption, 2FA, security certificates, and licenses. Going all-in on one factor like that is absolutely fine because odds are you’re willing to compromise on something like anonymity in exchange for those security features.
On the other side of the coin, a gambler who is insistent on privacy and anonymity may have to use a less reputable site or one that may not have the best licenses. You do you!
#2. Can I Do Litecoin Esports Betting on Mobile?
You certainly can, and it might even be a better experience! Litecoin esports betting sites are optimized for mobile, which means that you don’t have to have a computer to bet on esports with Litecoin.
Simply type in the right URL on your mobile browser and you’re off to the proverbial races! Alternatively, you can download the app of the Litecoin esports betting site. Nowadays, most online betting sites have launched their dedicated app on the App Store or Google Play Store.
The only thing to remember is that you might have to use a mobile-friendly Litecoin wallet if your only device is a mobile. If you’ve got multiple devices, though, you can just use your computer for deposits and withdrawals before whipping out your mobile for a flutter on the go.
#3. How Do I Deposit Money to a Litecoin Esports Betting Website?
If you’ve never done this before it can be intimidating, given all the warnings you’ll read about needing to get everything right! That’s why we’ve set up this step-by-step guide to depositing money in a Litecoin esports betting site:
- #1. Set up and get comfortable with your Litecoin wallet. A wallet may come in several forms, from an account at a Cryptocurrency exchange, a browser plug-in, an electronic wallet like Ledger or Trezor, or even a paper wallet.
- #2. Top up your wallet by acquiring Litecoin from some source, typically an exchange, and transferring it over. You can sometimes do this on your wallet itself if it has a built-in on-ramp. If you’re new to crypto, make sure to choose the correct blockchain when you transfer crypto. You can’t move Litecoin to other blockchains!
- #3. Log in to your Litecoin esports betting site of choice and navigate to the cashier.
- #4. Choose Deposit.
- #5. Select Litecoin and the relevant wallet option.
- #6. Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- #7. Accept any offered welcome or deposit bonuses if you’d like to!
- #8. Double-check the amount you choose to deposit, and triple-check the keys provided to you by the cashier that you’ll use to deposit.
- #9. Wait for verification that the transaction has been completed. You will be able to check on its status using the Litecoin blockchain explorer at any time!
- #10. Start wagering with your Litecoin and winning big!
#4. Can I Bet On My Favorite Esports With Litecoin?
You should certainly be able to! Some Litecoin esports betting sites offer more esports to bet on than others, but a lot of the major titles from FPS, MOBA, and sports games tend to be available across the board. Check our list above to see what the most popular titles are!
#5. How Long Do Litecoin Deposits Take?
One of Litecoin’s biggest advantages is that it’s being developed as a payment network, so deposits and withdrawals are handled efficiently and at a very low cost!
New blocks are produced by miners currently at the rate of two and a half minutes, and what this means for you is that that’s exactly how long it’ll take for your transaction to be validated on the blockchain.
The best Litecoin esports betting sites will reflect your deposit in your account immediately as long as you follow all deposit instructions at the cashier. The site will often assign you a reference number or memo for the transaction so that they’re able to automatically connect the deposit to your on-site account.
#6. How Long Do Litecoin Withdrawals Take?
Again, the network’s speed of two and a half minutes for settlement holds true for withdrawals as well, but remember that Litecoin esports betting sites may have to do a little more on their end to process withdrawals.
Once you’re fully registered and verified you shouldn’t have any issues. But depending on the level of regulation where you are and what licenses the site has, they may be subject to Anti Money Laundering regulations that necessitate further KYC when withdrawing.
You’ll be able to get the down-low on withdrawal times on a site-to-site basis by checking each site’s terms of service section.