If you enjoy a game of poker, especially from the comfort of your home or while on the go, you’re definitely not alone. Millions of players are playing poker online, but did you know that you can use Litecoin to go all in?
That’s right! Crypto has disrupted countless industries to date and online poker is yet another on that ever-growing list.
Litecoin is well known as one of the crypto world’s best alternatives to cash, and we’re going to spend some time looking at just why Litecoin poker is really taking off.
Here’s exactly what this article will cover:
- 10 Things to Consider When Picking a Litecoin Poker Site
- How to Get Started with Litecoin Gambling
- Pros and Cons of Litecoin Poker
- Is Litecoin Betting Safe and Legal
So, read on!
12 Top Litecoin Poker Sites in 2023
10 Things to Consider When Picking a Litecoin Poker Site
Picking a Litecoin poker site isn’t easy, and even though our list above is a comprehensive one, you aren’t to blame if you want to do your own research.
There are lots of things to think about when choosing a site to play poker, so let’s explore some of them in greater detail.
#1. Restricted Countries
Like a lot of other services, Litecoin poker sites don’t operate in every single country. This sort of geo-restriction probably isn’t new to you, and, while it can be inconvenient, it’s often for good reason.
One main reason is licensing, and while we’ll get into that in more detail later, different local regulators may have different requirements to obtain licenses to operate. For this reason, Litecoin casinos will often choose which licenses to pursue and therefore which regions they do and don’t operate in.
Of course, if one of the top Litecoin gambling sites doesn’t serve a particular region, it’s a safe bet that another will!
Check the site’s ‘Rules’ section for more information about what regions they operate in.
#2. Reputation and Trust
Cryptocurrencies aren’t very widely accepted yet and tend to be portrayed in quite a poor light by the media. As a result, you’ve probably seen, read or heard of almost every negative incident halfway related to crypto!
Having said this, regulation is still catching up, and one of the fundamental realities of cryptocurrency is that the owner and user of said crypto are given much more responsibility.
This means that the onus is on you to make sure the site you’re using is legit. It goes without saying that we’ve done our homework when it comes to the sites on our list, but there’s nothing like the peace of mind you’ll have when you do your own due diligence!
A great starting point when checking out a site’s reputation and the level of trust enjoyed by users is social media, particularly on Reddit’s gambling subs where users aren’t shy about posting candid reviews.
Simply Google searching the Litecoin poker site could also turn up a trove of information about user experiences that can help you decide whether or not the site is for you.
#3. Provably fair
If you’ve played any poker at all, you might have wondered whether the games are fair, especially online. You wouldn’t be alone in worrying about that sort of thing either, as many critics have asked the same questions repeatedly!
Well, blockchain technology sorts all of that out! Provably Fair technology is a piece of software that uses blockchain to help you verify that all of the card draws are fair and haven’t been manipulated either by the Litecoin casino or any other third party.
How it works is simple, too! Before playing you’re given a seed, which you can compare with another seed that the server sends you after the hand. If these two seeds match up, you can rest assured that there wasn’t any manipulation!
#4. Payout and Withdraw Speeds & Terms
If you’ve played online poker before and tried to withdraw your wins, especially significant ones, you may have experienced problems! At the very least, it tends to take days for that money to worm its way through the legacy financial system, and there are banks and other parties involved every step of the way.
In contrast, Litecoin takes just two and a half minutes to settle transactions! That means those coins hit your wallet and are yours to use straight away. Not to mention, while they’re publicly visible on the blockchain, the only parties involved in the transfer are you and the Litecoin poker site.
This sort of speed and security with respect to transacting means that the Litecoin casino can also relax terms on withdrawals, lifting any caps in terms of amounts and so on. The sky’s the limit!
#5. Games available
Poker is a wonderful, cerebral game and can be an intense experience! There’s a reason that a nail-biting poker showdown is the centrepiece of many a plot, from novels to even a James Bond flick.
Sometimes, though, a change of pace can be nice! Whether it’s kicking back with some Litecoin dice, setting a few wagers on some sporting events or esports, or taking on a different challenge like blackjack, it’s just nice to have options.
The best Litecoin casinos will offer you all of these options and more!
#6. VIP programs and Bonuses
Poker isn’t an easy game, and you need every advantage you can get. Bonuses don’t necessarily give you an advantage within the game, but they do allow you to maximize your winnings!
The types of bonuses offered by Litecoin betting sites can be quite different, but each of them will allow you to take advantage in a different way. An especially lucrative bonus offer might well be a good reason to check a site out!
VIP programs are also great to look into if you’re a high roller. If you’re playing with such high stakes you deserve a little extra reward, and sites with the best VIP programs offer tons of benefits like higher bonuses, special event invites, increased winnings and lots more!
Security is important, and in fact, a Litecoin casino with a poor attitude toward security would be a definite red flag!
Luckily, the best Litecoin poker sites take security very seriously, and this is easy for you to ensure by looking at two things.
The first is security certification and encryption. This is used to safeguard you as you navigate the site, and a quick look at the site’s footer will give you an idea of what security certificates are in play.
Secondly, you can check what licenses the site has obtained. Gambling licenses are dispensed by various local and international regulators, and they define a set of standards that the site has to uphold in order to advertise the license. Again, this is for your benefit!
You can also check what licenses a site has by taking a peek at the footer, however, if you’re ever in doubt, you can simply navigate to the register of the relevant authority and see if the Litecoin casino is listed there, as gaming authorities also maintain public registers.
Litecoin is one of the oldest cryptocurrencies out there and is a very close relative of Bitcoin. One of the original ideas behind Bitcoin’s creation was greater privacy and anonymity when transacting.
While it’s hard to find a site that offers complete anonymity, a lot of the best Litecoin poker sites will allow you a greater degree of privacy than you may be used to when registering.
Some KYC (Know Your Customer) tends to be required, especially by sites that are more closely regulated or possess the top licenses, which may mean that you’ll need to provide some identification or verify your location in order to sign up and play.
Privacy in cryptocurrency comes from using wallets, where transactions are done from one user’s wallet to another user’s wallet, and the identities behind those wallets don’t really matter. The blockchain acts as the public ledger of these transactions, and once verified, nobody can change those ledger entries.
#9. Customer Service
Customer service is one of the most important considerations for a lot of people when dealing with a business, and that holds true for Litecoin poker too. When something goes wrong, it’s really nice to know that the team behind the site values you as a customer!
However, as we described above, blockchains are immutable. This means that once a transaction goes through, it simply cannot be changed, amended, cancelled or tampered with.
This means that you need to be very careful with payments because if you make a mistake when entering wallet addresses or amounts, even a customer service team with the best intentions won’t be able to help you.
#10. User Interface and Experience
Last but not least, the user experience offered by the Litecoin poker site is important as it’s likely you’re going to be spending a significant amount of time playing on it!
The simplest Quality of Life features like intuitive interfaces and reduction of clicks can make your experience a pleasure, and it’s always nice to have a design that suits your eye.
How We Rated The Litecoin Poker Sites
Now that you know what to look for in a Litecoin poker site and have seen our list of the best ones, here’s a look at exactly what factored into our rankings and how we scored them:
- Reputation: Without a good rep, we’re really not interested. It’s a top consideration!
- Trust: Just like reputation, trust is key, especially in the crypto community!
- Customer Service: Good customer service provides peace of mind, and that’s very important to us.
- Security: A good track record and solid security are key to a good experience.
- Licenses: If the Litecoin poker site is licensed, they’re held to high standards!
- Promotions and Bonuses: The right bonuses can really help you win big and turn good payouts into great ones!
- Provably Fair games: Since Provably Fair technology can safeguard both you and the site, we checked to make sure it’s in use.
- Games Available: For those times you want to take a break from poker and enjoy some lighter fare like Litecoin blackjack, roulette or dice.
- Payouts and Withdrawals: Fast payouts and withdrawals are a huge advantage offered by Litecoin!
- Anonymity: The less identification you need to provide the better, although sometimes KYC is needed due to local regulations or licensing.
- High Returns: If a site didn’t give you the chance to win big, they wouldn’t even be in the running!
Litecoin Poker Betting vs.Traditional Poker Betting Pros & Cons
Online poker has been around for ages, and some might argue that Litecoin poker is just normal online poker using a different currency.
That, however, is not true at all! Let’s take a look at exactly how different Litecoin poker really is:
- Provably Fair: This software shows you that each deal or draw is fair and not tampered with, and is usable thanks to Litecoin’s blockchain!
- Faster Payouts: Crypto removes the middleman (the bank) and Litecoin is especially fast, settling transactions in just two and a half minutes!
- Higher Payouts: Since there’s no middleman to impose any restrictions, Litecoin betting sites can remove limits on payouts and let you withdraw those big wins faster!
- Privacy: Blockchain technology doesn’t allow payments to be changed or reversed once confirmed, so Litecoin casinos can ramp up privacy with the knowledge that the payment system can be trusted.
- Fewer Restrictions: Litecoin poker sites can loosen some of their geographical restrictions since payments are safer and don’t rely on geographically-limited middlemen – Litecoin has no borders!
- Fees: Litecoin is positioned as a payment system rather than an asset, and features extremely low transaction fees, opposite to the legacy banking system and even some other cryptocurrencies.
- Regulation: Despite adding layers of opacity and fees and service charges to everything, banks do provide the safety of being able to reverse your transactions. That’s just not possible using crypto, so you’ve got to take a lot more care when setting up payments.
- Legality: The legality of crypto can change frequently as countries try to come to terms with it, so you do need to keep up to date on whether your country of residence has changed its legal stance on crypto.
- Volatility: While Litecoin is supposed to be an alternate form of currency and competes with fiat in that sense, it does feature a fixed and predefined supply. That makes it scarce, unlike fiat whose supply seems to increase with alarming frequency. This scarcity tends to make the value of cryptos like Litecoin increase, all other things being equal, in comparison to fiat which constantly devalues. That feeling of ‘why spend the better currency?’ can make you loath to spend your crypto when you can just get rid of your fiat instead.
How to Get Started with Litecoin Poker Sites
Litecoin Poker Deposit Bonuses
Bonuses can be crucial to multiplying your wins, but a lot of newer players do tend to ignore them and lose out on the potential bump to winnings they offer.
Let’s take a detailed look at some of the common types of bonuses on offer and see how you can best take advantage of them!
- Deposit Bonuses. When you make a deposit, a lot of Litecoin poker sites will match a percentage of it and give you even more to wager!
- Reload Bonuses. Similarly, repeat deposits, or reloads, may also be matched. Look out for this sort of bonus if you’re looking for one site to stick with for a while!
- Free Spins/Free Rolls. While these aren’t always applicable to Litecoin poker, you might find yourself given a free Blind. You’ll see these more with Litecoin slots!
- No-deposit Bonuses. Simply sign up and claim the bonus, no catch! Given their nature, these may be quite rare, but they are a good reason to sign up to multiple Litecoin betting sites.
- No-wagering Bonuses. Claim, use, and withdraw! These are extremely popular and may be rare.
- Loyalty. These bonuses offer you points for playing and can result in other bonuses, which makes them an incentive to stick with a Litecoin poker site that you like.
- VIP Programs. If you’re a Litecoin high roller, VIP programs will give you increased bonuses, exclusive promotions, event invites, and a whole host of other perks!
Is Litecoin Poker Betting Safe?
Litecoin is maintained by a non-profit called the Litecoin Foundation which has a team of developers dedicated to constantly improving the blockchain.
The blockchain itself is one of the oldest in existence, meaning that it has been ‘battle tested’ and still hasn’t been attacked successfully. It is a Proof-of-Work blockchain and isn’t just similar to Bitcoin – it was once Bitcoin.
Litecoin came into being as a ‘hard fork’ of Bitcoin, meaning that it shares the same codebase and has the same basic set of features. Since the time of the fork, however, Litecoin has been developed independently and in fact, has received a lot of key upgrades well in advance of Bitcoin.
Like any Proof-of-Work blockchain, Litecoin is secured by thousands of machines on its network. These machines solve cryptographic puzzles, effectively contributing computing power to the network, and have a say as to what information (such as your transactions) is stored on the blockchain.
The safety of Litecoin poker betting, therefore, comes down to how many Litecoin miners there are and at what rate that number is increasing because the only way to attack it is to take over more than 50% of the mining power. Given the sheer number of miners to purchase, compromise or otherwise affect, this would be a hugely difficult undertaking.
The single biggest point of failure, therefore, is in fact the user! So make sure you’re careful with what sites you connect your Litecoin wallet with, and don’t give your private key to anyone!
Also, look out for scams online when downloading wallet software, and make sure the sites you’re visiting are legit. Crypto scammers can pay Google for ads too.
Is Litecoin Poker Betting Legal?
Generally, Litecoin betting is indeed legal, but it’s much too nuanced of a subject to provide a blanket binary answer. The question is often complicated even further by authorities and regulators who seem to change their stance on crypto with every turn of the moon, but there are a few ways you can make sure.
You can start by checking on the legality of online poker, or online gambling. This has been around for ages, so your regulators should have had time to figure out what they think by now! If it’s legal, so far so good.
Cryptocurrency is the next thing. Some regulators will look at different cryptos individually, such as the United States Securities and Exchange Commission which has tried to pass judgment on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple, but most tend to look at crypto as a broad asset class.
If your regulators have decided that crypto is illegal, then you might be out of luck. If it’s legal where you are, though, you’re good to go as long as online gambling is also legal!
Of course, if you’re on the younger side you should also make sure you’re not in danger of being considered a minor when it comes to gambling.
If in doubt, most Litecoin casinos have a ‘Rules’ section that’ll help add to your understanding about all of these things as well as other potential pitfalls such as geo-restriction.
Litecoin Betting FAQ
Let’s take a quick look at a few of the other questions that tend to come up around Litecoin poker:
#1. What’s the Best Litecoin Poker Site?
There’s no perfect answer to this, even though we’ve done our best with our ranked list in this article. That takes into account the most important considerations faced by punters like you and weights them to reflect the needs of the average Litecoin poker player.
That’s the problem, though. You’re not an average Joe, you’re you. If something’s important to you, it’s a nine or ten out of ten, and if you don’t care about something it’s close to zero. Statistics will bring all of those numbers closer to sixes and fours.
That’s why it’s a good idea to go over our list of considerations for a moment and decide what’s really important to you. For example, if you want a really safe experience then prioritize sites with a solid reputation, the latest security features and top-end licensing.
Still, we think that we’ve managed to list the best Litecoin poker sites in the business today so definitely consider starting there!
#2. Can I Play Litecoin Poker on Mobile?
Not only can you play Litecoin poker on mobile, but you might also actually prefer it! The best Litecoin poker sites are optimized for mobile browsing because there’s nothing like playing a couple of quick hands-on devices when you’re on the go or have a few minutes to kill.
Make sure that your wallet is also configured to your device if you want to do some reloading, but don’t fret if your wallet is mobile-incompatible. You could just use a PC or other compatible device to top up your balance before hopping back into your mobile to play.
#3. How Do I Deposit Money to a Litecoin Poker Website?
If you haven’t made a cryptocurrency transaction before you might be a little nervous, especially since there’s a lot of pressure to ensure everything is correct. Let us try and help you out with this step-by-step guide on the process:
- Set up and get comfortable with your Litecoin wallet. This may come in several forms, from an account at a Cryptocurrency exchange, a browser plug-in, an electronic wallet like Ledger or Trezor, or even a paper wallet.
- Fund your wallet by acquiring Litecoin from some source, typically an exchange, and transferring it over. You can sometimes do this on your wallet itself if it has a built-in on-ramp. If you’re new to crypto, make sure to choose the correct blockchain when you transfer crypto. You can’t move Litecoin on other blockchains!
- Log in to your Litecoin poker site of choice and navigate to the cashier.
- Choose Deposit.
- Select Litecoin and the relevant wallet option.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Make sure to accept any offered welcome or deposit bonuses!
- Double-check the amount you choose to deposit, and triple-check the keys provided to you by the cashier that you’ll use to deposit.
- Wait for verification that the transaction has been completed. You will be able to check on its status using the Litecoin blockchain explorer at any time!
- Start playing poker with your Litecoin and winning big!
- 10+ Best Litecoin Roulette Sites [w/ $5,000+ Welcome Bonuses]
- +7 Best Litecoin Sports Betting Sites in 2023 [Hand-Picked!]
- 9+ Top Bitcoin Poker Sites w/ High Bonuses in 2023