Sports betting started with little bookies’ establishments where you’d have to go to place a bet, and while those still exist, a lot of punters prefer to wager from the comfort of their own homes.
Even if you have never bet on sports, you likely follow a sport or two – and if you do, you definitely enjoy making predictions! Whether it’s picking the right result in a one-off game or calling the winner of a prestigious tournament, you’ve probably done it plenty and might even be good at it.
But have you ever made a wager using Litecoin?
Rather than use your fiat and go through banks and all sorts of other middlemen, you can now use your Litecoin right from your own wallet, making payments and claiming withdrawals in minutes and without involving any third parties!
If that sounds good to you keep reading for all the nitty-gritty, as well as the inside scoop on:
- 12+ Best Litecoin Sports Betting Websites in 2022
- 10 Things to Consider When Picking a Litecoin Sports Betting Site
- Pros & Cons of Litecoin Sports Betting Sites
- What Sports You Can Bet On With Litecoin
So, read on!
12+ Top Litecoin Sports Betting Websites in 2022
10 Things to Consider When Picking a Litecoin Sports Betting Site
Picking a bookie isn’t easy, and choosing an online gambling site is harder still. But a Litecoin sports betting site? That can often be really tricky given how new the crypto betting space is and how much diversity of product offering there is.
There are great sites popping up practically every day, so in order to separate the wheat from the chaff it’s good to dig into what sort of consideration most punters really face when picking a site.
#1. Restricted Countries
Geo-restrictions are an easy first stop because they are a major limitation in terms of your choice. Just like you couldn’t visit a physical bookie unless they have an outlet in your country or more immediate area, the best Litecoin gambling sites do employ geo-restrictions and tend not to serve absolutely every region.
The good news is that if one of the top sites doesn’t serve your country, another will! The main reason sites are geo-restricted tends to be licensing, which is something we’ll go into further down this list since it has mainly to do with security.
#2. Reputation and Trust
A good reputation is key in any industry, but especially so in one where you’re trusting a Litecoin casino to hold your funds while you gamble. Furthermore, you are in fact taking money away from the site when you win!
You might have heard horror stories about some of the best casinos in the world refusing to pay out, so it’s extremely important to make sure that sort of thing won’t happen to you!
A good place to start when researching a site’s reputation is to search for customer reviews online. A quick Google search can be an excellent springboard, and you’ll also find social media valuable. For example, Reddit’s Litecoin gambling subs are a treasure trove of user feedback and testimonials.
#3. Provably fair
It sounds like a lovely catchphrase, and if blockchain technology weren’t involved, it would be! One of the biggest innovations in crypto gambling is Provably Fair technology, which is actually a software algorithm applied to casino games to show you that there isn’t any rigging of the card draws or dice rolls.
While it isn’t really relevant to Litecoin sports betting as you’re betting on real-world events, Provably Fair technology makes games like Litecoin dice or blackjack much more fun to play since you know that none of the randomness is tampered with by the casino or any third party.
How it works is that you’re given a code by the server before the game which you can compare with another code generated after the game. If they match, it’s all good!
#4. Payout and Withdrawal Speeds & Terms
There’s nothing worse than betting on an underdog or putting together a combo and getting it exactly right, only for your payout to take ages to hit your bank account. The casino dawdles, the banks take ages and, worst case, they can even do things like put your transfer on hold for any number of reasons.
Well, this is another very big reason to switch over to Litecoin sports betting! Most cryptocurrencies work very well for payments, however Litecoin does it exceptionally well, having been positioned as a payment system. This is in contrast to Bitcoin, which many view as an investment grade asset, or Ethereum, which serves as a backbone for decentralized finance.
Litecoin takes just two and a half minutes to settle transactions, so after confirming the withdrawal, your funds should hit your wallet in the same amount of time as it takes to make a cup of tea!
#5. Games available
While we’ll take a look at what sports you can bet on later in this article, a lot of the best Litecoin betting sites also offer a great selection of card, dice and casino games.
While that’s not the main reason for you to sign up, playing these other games can be a fun diversion and also a way to rack up loyalty points or make use of bonuses. Why not kick back with a hand of Litecoin poker during halftime?
#6. VIP programs and Bonuses
Bonuses are a great way for you to leverage your winnings! While newer punters often ignore the bonuses offered by betting sites, making good use of the different types of bonuses is a good way to increase your winnings.
The best Litecoin casinos offer a variety of bonuses, and while we’ll get into them in more detail later, remember to read up on what the terms and conditions on the bonuses are – just because you’re offered a huge potential bonus doesn’t mean you can access all of it.
If you are someone who’s used to those eye-watering wagers, though, make sure to consider how good the site’s VIP program is. The right VIP program will give you lots of perks, including greater bonuses!
Security is another key consideration when picking a site, because safety while betting is absolutely paramount. The best Litecoin sports betting sites approach security in two main ways, the first of which is encryption and certification.
The most up to date encryption and security certificates ensure that your browsing experience is as secure as possible, and they can be complemented by two-factor authentication for yet another layer of safety.
Secondly, you’ll see that the best Litecoin sports betting sites are licensed. This means that local or international gaming authorities have given these sites their seal of approval as long as certain standards are met, the more reputable the authority the higher the standards.
Privacy was one of the main reasons for cryptocurrency to be invented, although how it works in reality is quite nuanced. Some cryptocurrencies can differ from the norm, but Litecoin and other major cryptocurrencies transact from one wallet to another (yours and the gambling site’s, for example) with transaction and wallet details visible on the blockchain.
As such, your Litecoin transactions are indeed anonymous in that counterparties and blockchain viewers can only see your wallet’s public key, not your real identity. However, if you associate your wallet and your identity, such as post your wallet address on social media, you’re doxxed.
Some Litecoin sportsbook sites will allow you to register without providing too many personal details and simply connect your wallet, but you shouldn’t always expect this. In order to obtain good licenses, which in turn afford you with certain protection and assurances, sites may have to implement KYC (Know Your Customer) protocols and collect your information.
#9. Customer Service
For any other service or business, this one would be a whole lot higher. While it is very important, it’s also key to understand that customer service has its limitations when cryptocurrency is involved. If you make a mistake entering transaction details or a wallet address, not even the best service team is going to be able to help you.
However, if something goes wrong and it isn’t your fault, you should expect solid customer service from the best Litecoin sports betting sites.
#10. User Interface
User experience is also something to take into account. Of course, a site with no security but snazzy features would be worthless, but a good user interface and an easy-to-navigate, slick experience is a really good thing, especially when you’re going to be spending a significant amount of time and money there!
How We Rate Litecoin Sports Betting Sites
With all of those considerations in mind, let’s take a look at exactly what factors were weighted when rating the Litecoin casinos you saw on our list:
- Reputation: It’s a top consideration! A good rep means people are happy, and that means the site is one of the best.
- Trust: Just like reputation, trust is key, especially in the crypto community!
- Customer Service: Good customer service provides peace of mind, which can be invaluable when your funds are on the line!
- Security: Security is another factor that we simply don’t want to compromise on.
- Licenses: If the Litecoin gambling site is licensed, they’re definitely held to high standards.
- Promotions and Bonuses: The right bonuses can help you win big and turn good payouts into great ones!
- Provably Fair games: Provably Fair technology can safeguard both you and the site so we checked to make sure it’s in use.
- Games Available: If you want to take a break from wagering and want to play a game like Litecoin blackjack instead, a good selection is awesome to have!
- Payouts and Withdrawals: Fast payouts and withdrawals are one of Litecoin’s best features!
- Anonymity: The less identification you need to provide, the better, although sometimes KYC is needed due to local regulations or licensing.
- High Returns: If a site didn’t give you the chance to win big, we wouldn’t be interested.
Litecoin Sports Betting vs.Traditional Sports Betting Pros & Cons
Sports betting has been around for a long time and evolved constantly. You can still walk into a local bookie and come away with betting slips, but most punters prefer to do their thing online nowadays.
But how do Litecoin sports betting sites take things to the next level? Let’s take a look.
- Faster Payouts: Crypto removes banks and other middlemen and Litecoin is especially fast, settling transactions in just two and a half minutes!
- Higher Payouts: Since there’s no middleman to impose any restrictions, Litecoin betting sites can remove limits on payouts and let you withdraw big wins faster and with fewer restrictions.
- Privacy: Blockchain technology doesn’t allow payments to be changed or reversed once confirmed, so Litecoin casinos can offer more privacy safe in the knowledge that the payment system can be trusted.
- Fewer Restrictions: Litecoin sports betting sites can loosen some of their geographical restrictions since payments are safer and don’t rely on geographically-limited financial infrastructure.
- Fees: Litecoin is considered a payment system rather than an asset. Therefore, it features extremely low transaction fees in contrast to the legacy banking system and even some other cryptocurrencies.
- Provably Fair: This software shows you that each deal or draw when playing a casino game is fair and not tampered with, and is usable thanks to Litecoin’s blockchain!
- Regulation: Despite the many disadvantages of using them, banks do provide the safety of being able to reverse your transactions. That’s just not possible using crypto, so you’ve got to take a lot more care when setting up payments and make sure all transaction and wallet details are absolutely correct.
- Legality: The legality of crypto can change frequently as countries try to come to terms with it, so you do need to keep up to date on whether your country of residence has changed its legal stance on crypto.
- Volatility: While Litecoin is positioned as an alternate form of currency and competes with fiat in that way, it does feature a fixed and predefined supply. That makes it scarce, unlike fiat whose supply seems to increase with alarming frequency. This scarcity tends to make the value of cryptos like Litecoin increase, all other things being equal, in comparison to fiat which is constantly devalued by ‘money printing’ by central banks. That feeling of ‘why spend the better currency?’ can make you loath to spend your crypto when you can just get rid of your fiat instead.
How to Get Started with Litecoin Sports Betting
What Sports Can I Bet On With Litecoin?
Sports betting has been around for well over a hundred years and, while the industry did start with punts on horse races, the selection of sports you can bet on today is absolutely vast.
By and large it’ll be your Litecoin sports betting site that decides what sports to offer, but you’re going to see a lot of the same major sports being featured by the best ones. Let’s take a look at some of them:
Often known as the world’s game, football or soccer is played everywhere and is the most popular sport in the world. That makes it one of the most popular sports to bet on with Litecoin as well!
The English Premier League is one of the most popular competitions with punters across the globe given its broad appeal, but other domestic leagues are also very popular such as Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A and Germany’s Bundesliga.
International competitions, whether regional ones like the UEFA Champions League and the Copa America, or truly global ones like the World Cup are also very likely to be offered by your Litecoin sports betting site.
You can also place a huge variety of bets on a football match, from picking goalscorers and winners/losers to more obscure statistics like the number of corner kicks conceded by a team. And yes, you can bet on any football match directly using your LTC.
Tennis is another very popular international sport, and it’s an interesting one to bet on because of the binary win/lose nature of matches and knockout format of tournaments.
As a result, you’ll often have low-ranked or ‘unseeded’ players find some form and knock out more fancied opponents, which means a payday for any punter willing to take a chance on them!
The most popular tournaments to bet on are those on the Association of Tennis Professionals’ and Women’s Tennis Association tours, which feature players from all over the world and several playing surfaces.
And just like with football, you can bet on Tennis matches using Litecoin (LTC).
American Football is a sport with significant appeal in the United States and sees plenty of action from gamblers as well.
The National Football League of America is what you’re likely going to be betting on if you’re interested in American Football. This league features teams representing major American cities and you’re going to find a lot of things to bet on given the depth of statistics employed by fans of the sport.
Just like the other sports mentioned above, you can bet using your Litecoin or other cryptocurrency you own.
Another predominantly American sport, the main competition seeing betting action is the Major League Baseball competition, featuring historic names like the New York Yankees.
Baseball was in fact the sport that really kicked off the traditional sports betting industry in the USA, dating all the way back to the establishment of professional baseball in 1876.
Baseball has 9 innings where teams take turns to score ‘runs’, so there’s plenty to take a punt on within a game!
Recently, more and more casinos have started accepting LTC/Litecoin for betting on baseball matches.
Basketball is a sport with global appeal and you might find more competitions to bet on, although once again the domestic American competition, the National Basketball Association (NBA), is probably going to be your first stop.
There are also international competitions with significant betting interest, but the NBA rules the roost – and is in fact one of the most crypto-friendly sporting bodies. The Dallas Mavericks, or ‘Mavs’, even accept Dogecoin!
Cricket is a sport played mostly by the British Commonwealth nations, but that’s a big market given India’s massive population and interest in the sport.
Your Litecoin sports betting site ought to allow you a lot of competitions to bet on, from International ‘test’ matches and the World Cup to domestic competitions like English County cricket and Australian State matches.
Cricket also has a format called Twenty20 that is popular among punters given its quicker, more spectacular nature, and it’s very similar in setup to other sports where teams represent cities and clubs.
Racing is where it all began, although back in the day it was horses. Now, you can bet on all sorts of racing from motorsports like Formula 1 to the Tour de France to the 100 meters at the Olympics. And hey, you can still bet on horse races too!
Most casinos mentioned above accept different types of crypto, including Litecoin, Ethereum, BTC, etc…
You can even bet on esports with your Litecoin nowadays, although all of the games played by the competitors don’t really fall under the sports umbrella. While you can certainly bet on esports events focused on sports games, you’re more likely to see genres like Real Time Strategy, First Person Shooter and Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.
Having said that, esports is quickly taking off in popularity and is seeing a meteoric rise in prize money as well. Check out our article on Litecoin esports betting if you’d like to know more!
Of course, all of those sports are just the tip of the iceberg. The best Litecoin sports betting sites will offer you a fantastic variety of major sports, including Aussie Rules Football, Boxing, Darts, Golf, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Snooker and Volleyball.
Litecoin Sports Betting Bonuses
Let’s take a look at some of the types of bonuses you can expect on a Litecoin sports betting site. Some of them can seem quite complicated, but if you know how to take advantage of them you can multiply your winnings!
- Deposit Bonuses. When you make a deposit, a lot of Litecoin sports betting sites will match a percentage of it and give you even more Litecoin to wager! Keep an eye on the turnover rate on these, which defines how many times you need to use this in a wager before converting it into cash.
- Reload Bonuses. Similarly, repeat Litecoin deposits, or reloads, may also be matched. Look out for this sort of bonus if you’re looking for one site to stick with for a while!
- Free Bet: These are exactly what they say on the tin, the site gives you the opportunity to place a free bet! You’ll often see this as a deposit bonus.
- Risk-free Bet: These are really popular because they’re a form of insurance. If you lose the bet, you will be refunded a certain amount of Litecoin by the site!
- Free Spins/Free Rolls. You’ll see these more with casino games like Litecoin slots, where you’ll get to spin, roll or draw for free rather than wagering as usual.
- No-deposit Bonuses. Simply sign up and claim the bonus! Given their nature, these may be quite rare, but these are a good reason to sign up to multiple Litecoin betting sites.
- No-wagering Bonuses. Claim, use, and withdraw! These are extremely popular and may be rare.
- Loyalty. These bonuses offer you points for playing and can result in other bonuses and are an incentive to stick with a site that you like.
- VIP Programs. If you’re a Litecoin high roller, VIP programs will give you increased bonuses, exclusive promotions, event invites, and a whole host of other perks!
Is Litecoin Sports Betting Safe?
Litecoin is maintained by a non-profit called the Litecoin Foundation which has a team of developers dedicated to constantly improving the blockchain and make sure it’s as secure and attack-resistant as possible.
The blockchain itself is one of the oldest, meaning that it has been ‘battle tested’ and still hasn’t been breached or compromised. It is a Proof-of-Work blockchain and isn’t just similar to Bitcoin – it was once Bitcoin.
Litecoin came into being as a ‘hard fork’ of Bitcoin, meaning that it shares the same codebase and the same basic set of features. Since the time of the fork, however, Litecoin has been developed independently and has received a lot of key upgrades well in advance of Bitcoin.
Like any Proof-of-Work blockchain, Litecoin is secured by thousands of machines on its network. These machines solve cryptographic puzzles, effectively contributing computing power to the network, and have a say as to what information (such as your transactions) is stored on the blockchain.
The safety of Litecoin sports betting, therefore, comes down to how many Litecoin miners there are and at what rate that number is increasing. That’s because the only way to attack it is to take over more than 50% of the mining power. Given the sheer number of miners to purchase, compromise or otherwise attack, this would be a very difficult task.
The single biggest point of failure, therefore, is in fact the user! So make sure you’re careful with what sites you connect your Litecoin wallet to, and don’t give your private key to anyone!
Is Litecoin Sports Betting Legal?
Litecoin betting is indeed legal, but the water is often muddied by authorities and regulators who seem to change their stance on crypto very often.
Nevertheless, you can start by checking on the legality of online sports betting or gambling in general. This has been around for ages, so your regulators should have had time to figure out what they think by now!
Cryptocurrency is the next thing to look at. Some regulators will look at different cryptos individually, such as the United States’ SEC which has tried to pass judgment on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple, but most tend to look at crypto as a single asset class.
If your regulators have decided that crypto is illegal, then you’re out of luck. If it’s legal where you are, though, you’re good to go as long as online gambling is also legal!
Of course, it goes without saying, you need to be at least 18 years old to gamble.
If in doubt, most Litecoin casinos have a ‘Rules’ section that’ll help on these topics as well as other potential pitfalls such as geo-restriction.
Litecoin Gambling FAQ
#1. What’s the Best Litecoin Sports Betting Website?
We’ve tried to answer this with our ranked list at the top of this article, but the real answer very much depends on your own personal wants and needs.
Your own preferences may be very strongly weighted towards certain considerations such as security, reputation or anonymity. Once you’ve identified what you’re really after, you can look through our list and see which site does the best job of providing what you want!
#2. Can I Do Litecoin Sports Betting on Mobile?
You can! In fact, given the convenience, it might even be a better experience than otherwise and the best Litecoin sports betting sites are completely optimized for mobile browsers.
This also means you don’t have to worry about downloading, updating, and managing a pesky app, with all the security issues they bring in addition to the hassle. All you need to do is get onto your browser, open the (hopefully favorited) site and you’re off to the figurative (or literal!) races.
#3. How Do I Deposit Money in a Litecoin Sports Betting Website?
If you haven’t made a cryptocurrency transaction before you might be a little nervous, especially since there’s a lot of pressure to ensure everything is correct. That’s why we’ve put together this step-by-step guide:
- Set up and get comfortable with your Litecoin wallet. This may come in several forms, from an account at a Cryptocurrency exchange, a browser plug-in, an electronic wallet like Ledger or Trezor, or even a paper wallet.
- Fund your wallet by acquiring Litecoin from some source, typically an exchange, and transferring it over. You can sometimes do this on your wallet itself if it has a built-in on-ramp. If you’re new to crypto, make sure to choose the correct blockchain when you transfer crypto. You can’t move Litecoin on other blockchains!
- Log in to your Litecoin sports betting site of choice and navigate to the cashier.
- Choose Deposit.
- Select Litecoin and the relevant wallet option.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Make sure to accept any offered welcome or deposit bonuses!
- Double-check the amount you choose to deposit, and triple-check the keys provided to you by the cashier that you’ll use to deposit.
- Wait for verification that the transaction has been completed. You will be able to check on its status using the Litecoin blockchain explorer at any time!
- Start wagering with your Litecoin and win big!
#4. Can I Bet on my Favorite Sports With Litecoin?
You absolutely can! Check out our section above for more details on some of the major sports and what competitions you’re likely to be able to bet on. The best Litecoin sports betting sites will offer you a fantastic selection of sports and lots of competitions to bet on.
Odds are, your favorite sport will definitely be on the list!
#5. How Long do Litecoin Deposits Take?
One of Litecoin’s biggest advantages is fast and low-fee transactions, and in the recent past, the team behind Litecoin has been keen to position it as a fantastic option for payments.
As such, Litecoin deposits are extremely fast. The blockchain itself produces new blocks every two and a half minutes currently, which means this is how long your transaction will take to settle. And the best Litecoin sports betting sites will reflect it instantly!
Remember to follow all instructions at the cashier, including keeping an eye out for any sort of reference or memo numbers that help identify which account the funds should be sent to.
#6. How Long do Litecoin Withdrawals Take?
Litecoin transactions taking two and a half minutes holds true here as well, but some sites can take a little longer to process withdrawals.
While you shouldn’t face any problems if you’re a fully registered and verified user, some of the most reputable Litecoin sports betting sites are subject to AML (Anti-Money Laundering) regulations which means that transactions can be checked and additional KYC (Know Your Customer) protocols may be carried out when withdrawing.
Check out your site’s terms of service for more information on withdrawals, and you’ll also gain plenty of insights on how different sites handle withdrawals when you read reviews and experiences of other users.